You can type here any text you want

Wheel dimension questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

White Out

I am looking at a set of wheels, 18x9.5 +30mm, hub bore 72.6mm.

Will I need spacers?
Will they fit?

Nick

You'll need an adapter. By my calculations your backspacing for those wheels is going to be around 6.5". The normal tightest fit for the back is 5" most people use a 4.75" backspacing 18x9.5" wheel. I'm guessing you'll need a 1.75" adapter to mount those on the rear. On the fronts I'm not sure if they will fit but I'm sure you'll also need an adapter.

Would I be better off going with a 18x8.5+30, hub bore 72.6mm, for the fronts?

Nick

You could get away with th 8.5" up front but you'll need a backspacing in the range of 4.5. Is there a specific wheel you want? Positive offset is usually not used on these vehicles. Positive is less dish and negative is a deeper dish. You're problem is the +30 mm offset that is going to require an adapter on any wide rim. A +30mm on a 8.5" wheel is around 6" backspacing which is still going to require a 1.5" adapter but it will fit in there I believe.

Here is the style of the wheel.
IMG_0873.jpg

It is an agressive fitament wheel for rwd applications. I e-mailed the shop to see if it is negative or positive. I just assumed it was positive.

Thanks for the help.

Nick

1 inch to be on the safe side will give you 4.75" backspacing. The wheels will have a 5.75" backspace. Some have fit as much as a 5" backspace wheel but 4.75 is the sure way to go .

1 inch to be on the safe side will give you 4.75" backspacing. The wheels will have a 5.75" backspace. Some have fit as much as a 5" backspace wheel but 4.75 is the sure way to go .

100% agreed, if you are lowered in the front w/ springs stay w/ "normal" BS, if you have drop spindles you need 1/2" more to get the tire off the outer lip. like 4.75" BS on an 8.5" front w/ a 2" spindle drop.

Back