Wheel Studs

Wht87T

All Throttle... No Bottle
I need to run a larger wheel stud as a result of a 7/16" spacer. Does anyone have a part # or know the correct size????

I gotta' make a tape recording of this........:D Discount auto parts sells a 2" long stud for Regals. Stock is 1 1/2". These will work perfect with your 7/16" spacers. ;)

Or you could buy even longer studs (e.g. ARP, Moroso) and use open style lug nuts and make IHRA/NHRA happy (and look way cool, too)...

:)

Thats the plan. Only problem is that the axles have to come out to get the studs in.

GM Performance Parts also sells a set of longer studs (stock thread) in their catalog. I think it's in the Pontiac or Olds section.

-Banning.

Remove studs ?

I just put two inch studs on my GN. I had enough room to sneak them in by rotating the axle to a spot that had a bit more clearance,( can't remember where ). It should'nt be that hard to find. Changeing them was about a half hour job once the car was on jack stands and the wheels were off. Just wack the old ones out with a heavy hammer,(making sure it's lined up with that low spot I mentioned). Then pull the new ones in with some washers, or shims, and a sacrificial lug nut. I say sacrificial because it'll get pritty scratched up. Good luck.

Originally posted by J Banning
GM Performance Parts also sells a set of longer studs (stock thread) in their catalog. I think it's in the Pontiac or Olds section.

-Banning.

Anyone Have The Part # For Those Studs And Arnt They Like Three Incher??
Thanks For The Help:D
Seneca Lafler,

1) Sorry, no part number.
2) Yes, they're long... 3" sounds about right.

-Banning.