Wheel/tire combo for front

BigBlockOlds

I will be running 17x11" wheels out back with 335/35 tires and I need a wheel tire combo in the front to balance out the look.

I want to run a 275/40 front tire but the smallest width wheel these are recommended for are 9" wide.

The wheels I am running (American Racing Hopsters) don't come in a 9". The next size up is 9.5".

Has anyone run a 9.5" wheel up front? What kind of backspacing was used?

I was thinking a 9.5" wheel with 5.5" back spacing. Or possibly a 5" back space?

I have the car tore apart in the middle of a frame-off. The frame is bare, so now is the time to make any modifications needed to make them fit. I can deal with rubbing, so long as they don't rub during normal driving (turns left and right, highway cruising, etc). If they hit during tight parking lots, thats fine. This car is not a daily driver.

Thanks for the help!

There is a guy named Kendall Frederick on the other board that is running one of the widest set ups these days. I think he runs a 9.5 up front but with no inner fenders and a few mods. Go do a search over there if you haven't seen his car.

Ahh, okay.

I don't get on here often enough to know the different "feuds".

Inner fenders shouldn't be a problem as we plan on pulling them out and making our own to give us more room.

Thanks for the help,