You can type here any text you want

wheel tire question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
stock suspension car

what backspacing do i need and what size wheel to run a 28 x 10.5 tire.

and

backspacing for a 3" wide front

any help greatly appreciated

At least a 15 x 8" with a 4" backspacing- dead center in the wheelwell, fronts about a 1.75" bs.

275/60/15 help

-can I fit a 275/60/15 bf dr on a 87 turbo t withe the stock t wheels please lmkthanks

would you happen to know about a 15 x 10 " wheel, what size tire and back spacing..

and a 15 x 3" wheel , what tire and backspacing?

Hey Bob, 8" wheel 4" BS is ideal IF your wheel of choice comes in that BS.

I had 28x12.5 et Streets on my GN back when I raced it..The Weld prostars were 3.5 BS.One slightly rubbed the frame when I turned corners .If I would have had 4" bs on an 8 inch wheel it would have rubbed.Not talking about 8.5s but 8 inch wheels .

I had 28x12.5 et Streets on my GN back when I raced it..The Weld prostars were 3.5 BS.One slightly rubbed the frame when I turned corners .If I would have had 4" bs on an 8 inch wheel it would have rubbed.Not talking about 8.5s but 8 inch wheels .

I had 28 10.5's on 8" 3.5" BS Prostars and they were tight on the outside and nowhere near the frame, I also had 8" Aero wheels with 4" BS and everything was right where it needed to be. 4.5, frame notch time, that's what I have now.

A 255 x 60 x 15 is about the largest I would go on a 7" stock rim-in my opion any wider or larger I would go to a 8".

I think a 28" x 9" et drag would be a better choice, I think the rule of thumb is plus or minus 1" from the width or thread of a tire. So on a 7" rim a 9" wide tire would work better.

i hated to make a new thread since everyone here seems to know sizes. my question:

i want to run the same size wheels and tires at all four corners. i may consider a BIT more width in the rear than front.

the wheels i'm looking at are 15" and come in either a 4 or 4.5" backspacing. which will fit best? i like to have the wheels as flush with the fender as possible with no rubbing.
also, how wide of a tire will fit on all four corners without rubbing fender or suspension components?
i believe i have seen a 15x8 wheel with 275 rears and 245s front. i forget.

any advice would be awesome. waiting to order wheels 'till i hear from you guys. thanks!

oh, and i did read this:

Hey Bob, 8" wheel 4" BS is ideal IF your wheel of choice comes in that BS.

that sounds great. how wide of a tire, front and rear, can i go?

jason

15x7s with 4" bs with 235 or 245 x 60x 15 tires front, 15 x 8s with 4" bs with either a 255x 60 x 15 or 275 x 60 15 tire will all fit nicely.

You, sir, are the man. Thanks. A 245 tire on a 7" when. Hm... how is the sidewall on that? I need this car to handle, eventually. Yes. I'm weird.

Back