When a Ford Pinto is cool!

I recall several 302/351 powered Pintos in the 80's.

Even a '72 Mercury Capri "The Sexy European" with a 302/C4.

Meh. No offense - it looks like alot of good but disconnected mods and design. No real theme and it sits on some big azz tires for such a little car. I would call it a country boy build.

Most of the guys here probably don't know or remember that Buddy Ingersoll use to race a pinto turbo 4 banger back in the day...lol
Ugly ass Pinto too...
I'll try to post some old pics.

Most of the guys here probably don't know or remember that Buddy Ingersoll use to race a pinto turbo 4 banger back in the day...lol
Ugly ass Pinto too...
I'll try to post some old pics.

Ron, don't you live around his place, Ziegler, Il? His AA/MC was a terror in NHRA, IHRA .:cool:

How about the Gremlin X, V8 and Levi's jean look alike material for seats. Even had the red Levi's tag.

How about the Gremlin X, V8 and Levi's jean look alike material for seats. Even had the red Levi's tag.

There was a Levi's Jeep as well. I guess it was the AMC tie-in.
As far as the Gremmie. They were always kinda cool. Pacers on the other hand......were 10 pounds of ugly in a 5 pound sack. Something about the fish bowl sides. :vomit:

Ron, don't you live around his place, Ziegler, Il? His AA/MC was a terror in NHRA, IHRA .:cool:
He was about 25 miles south of me.....Went and seen him about 2 months before he died....RIP
Use to watch him test and tune back in the day.

When a Ford Pinto is cool, to me it was in 1977 at local drag strip when a pinto with a modifield 351 windsor clobber a 1976 Vega, with
a bored out 454 engine. But the best part of the race was the fist fight at the end ... Pinto driver won that as well.. Lol