You can type here any text you want

When adjusting the Actuator ??????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
When adjusting the Actuator do you / I have to unhook it from the waste gate or can i just spin the other end (inside the actuator)?
thanks

we take it off.. have about 1/8th of an inch away from the arm..pull it up to the arm and leave it.. Use RJC valve for tweaking the boost:cool:

we take it off.. have about 1/8th of an inch away from the arm..pull it up to the arm and leave it.. Use RJC valve for tweaking the boost:cool:

i was complicating my self by adjusting both the rod and the RJC valve. If i remember correctly i adjusted the RJC valve all the way and still couldn't get the boost above 25-26 and thats when i started playing with the rod to get the boost up to 30 plus.
i'll do as you said and i'll try and control my self and leave it alone this time
thank you very much for your help.

fyi the the rod can be adjusted without removing the end from the w/g. Just loosen the nut the use some small vicegrips to grip the rod and turn it.

fyi the the rod can be adjusted without removing the end from the w/g. Just loosen the nut the use some small vicegrips to grip the rod and turn it.

i was doing it this^^^ way but i was told not to as that would cut the diaphragm in the actuator. :confused::confused::confused::confused:?????

With regard to the RJC valve.

Question: Turning it out loosens the internal spring tension on the ball valve which allows boost to move through the line and actuate the waste gate. This would lower the boost?? Is this correct?

I have an HD actuator and I run it loose so that it just holds the WG shut. The RJC controller may find a limit as you say, especially after time as the internal spring gets loose from opening. Just stretch the spring in the RJC controller if you hit a max. Just realize you may not be able to turn it back down as low as you could before with the modified "heavier" spring.

Back