When did you first spot one?

At the NY Auto Show in 1986. Saw it, sat in it....hooked!
Dam you saw the prototype and from the info from the "black air" movie one was purchased by a buick high up board member in charge of the prodject and the other was scrapped unfortunately buick knew they had the ace in their hand back in May of 86' before they even started production of the GNX the corvette was about to be de-throwned by a v6 and a very well thought out buick super car fast forward to now chevy now it took them quite a while to be on top again

My story.
I bought my GN July 10th 1986, after ordering it May 10th, which the dealer said was the last week to order an '86. A co-workers brother that had a '66 Skylark GS had seen my car in the parking lot at work. He had been to the GS Nationals and printed off a copy of the GSXtra newsletter for me. I joined in early '87 and went to the Nationals that spring, low and behold, at the far end of the campground area (where they had the car show in the early years) was an awesome Grand National with killer wheels, cooling vents and goofy looking fender flares. I believe it was a GNX prototype (#1 or #2, I don't recall). Sitting next to it was an all white regal with white painted bumpers, grille, killer white wheels, cooling vents and funky white fender flares with some fancy emblems that said XRay. Come to find out after talking to the guy (Rick), who worked with the GNX's, built his car with extra GNX parts to make his interpretation of the GNX with a twist.
That was my fist time.
Good god man, how did we get to be so old?