When did you first spot one?

TurboRegal84

Staff member
Simple question:

When is the first time you laid eyes on a GNX in person? Do you remember the number or any details? Post up some info!

1991. I called on an ad . A guy up near Peddler's Village Bucks county Pa. was selling his for sticker $29,900.00 I went up and test drove it. SWEET!! I remember the exhaust rattled againt the under carriage. He was a builder and apparently was unloading his toys collected from the mid to late eighties building boom. I had no place to store and wound up passing on it.:cool:

Mr. Neals

I knew his daughter in H.S.

Went over after school to hang out. Saw a purple hemi cuda sitting in the driveway. Then she opened the garage and there is was. I could have cared less about every other car he had. Think it was 1990.

Local speed shop owner in Branford CT is where I saw my first one. This was pretty much his daily driver and saw him driving it all the time even in pouring rain. He also had a Ferrari Testarossa so you can understand why it was a daily driver. He has since passed away and his son has it now. Can't recall the number but think it was in the 400's.

I saw one at a car show last year. Was very interesting. I think it may have been in the 200 range? I forget exactly.

In the showroom at Creger Buick in Lansdale, PA in '87.

I don't recall the number. but I think it was somewhere in the 21x-22x range.

I was 15 and drooled every time I rode my bike by. :cool:

I was in the Navy and had an '86 Iroc with Nitrous that I used to race. One night in early December 1987 I was at the track and was destroyed by this" family car" looking V6 Buick. It was a two tone T type. I went to the local Buick dealership (Sentry Buick) in Charleston SC the next day to buy one! In the showroom was a GNX (Don't recall the number but I think it was in the low 500's). I tried like hell to get financing for it but my meager military paycheck wasn't cutting it. I couldn't get a loan for the 32K they wanted for it and of course they wouldn't budge on the price. I had to "Settle" for a "regular" '87 GN. A few months later I saw the same GNX at a carshow and talked to the guy that had bought it. I remember thinking he was an arrogant a$$hole. He was wearing the "Molly" Jacket in the 90 degree heat at the show.

FYI .... it was 408.....:biggrin:

Saw my 1st GNX at Covert Buick, Austin, TX in late 1987..couldn't afford it at the time..being fresh out of UT and a $53,000 price tag(don't remember #). I wanted it badly, but instead bought my 1st GN then.

GC

1987 in a local dealership.. Marked up $10k.. Sold locally and sat outside a barn for YEARS !! :eek:

It wasn't the first one, but I remember seeing this guy at the nats years ago with steering controls because he was in a wheel chair... I always thought to myself I would do the same thing if I was in that position.

1990. It was number 3. I didnt know it was #3 until a few years ago. It was in our local car club.

:biggrin: