When do you need Razors 2 Nozzle Upgrade

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
Razor,

I'm looking to upgrade my DIY 2 stage alky system for your more robust system. Looking at my signature, would you recommend the 2 nozzle upgrade or would 1 nozzle work for my setup?

If one nozzle is fine, when would you recommend customers upgrade to 2?

TIA

With a 44.. never. It cannot flow enough air to get into that territory, Typically rule of thumb is when the car can trap over 126 MPH.

Cool :cool:

I just added a dual PAC dual nozzle kit to my car and i pulled 10% of the fuel out and i still have a little more to pull if i want to have zero correction. Thats with 83lb/hr injectors. So this thing flows a lot of alky. The pump speed is on about 7 and the gain is at the stock setting. You should never need 2 nozzles on a car with a 44. Unless you had heads, cam, and intercooler and were running it really hard upwards of 30 psi and/or had small injectors and you were supplying a high % of the total fuel as alky. I think its possible to go over 125mph with a 44 but not likely or worth it since more turbo would give a much higher mph on that type of application.

I run a Dual with my setup.

Feels awesome at 24 psi

Gain is set at 5.5

It's safe to say I'd have it nearly wide open with a single.... :biggrin:

There is more Left, I'm determined to see 30 psi on Alky :eek:

Thanks guys for chimming in, I appreciate the input. I thought my mods might put me in the arena to require 2 nozzles................but embarrassingly for me that's not the case. Compared to you guys, my car isn't modded hardly at all.

I ordered a single nozzle system from Julio right after he replied, hopefully it will be here late this week or early the week after.

I'm upgrading from a 2 stage DIY system I built 5 years ago. The pump was installed right out of the box and I ran 50/50 denatured and water the whole time. The pump is starting to show its age and slowly giving up the ghost. It just won't hold system pressure for more than a minute or so and I'm getting knock above 19psi.

My TT chip is also 5 years old and was programmed before Julio showcased his progressive system , so I ordered a new one from Eric.

I'm excited to see how the new chip and Julios system performs compared to my old DIY system. I think I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If anyone has done the same thing, what was noticeably different??

You'll love the kit, and unlike most other Meth kits Julio gives you a big M15 nozzle so it can go a long way before you need another one.

If you want more I'd recommend an FMIC to make more power and lower temps even more on the single nozzle.

Got mine maxed out now as far as i can with the 3.5bar MAP for the boost im running. I cant get as much flow as a 3 bar but its definitely making a lot of power. I figure im losing just under 20% linear flow using the 3.5 vs. 3.0. Target is 10.8:1 and DC is hovering in the high 40's to low 50's. With Q16 it will be in the high 50's:eek: . With 93 octane that is 5-10% ethanol it would be in the mid 50's for DC but id drop the target a little to 10.6-10.7 for safety. No need to take chances on this 140+k stock bottom end.

I think its possible to go over 125mph with a 44 but not likely or worth it since more turbo would give a much higher mph on that type of application.

Been to 128 mph with a 44 but that's not a 1/4 mile trap speed. :wink:

A 44 is rated at 580 HP. Thats approx 480 RWHP. Meaning if the car weighed 3500lbs and turbo does what its rated to do, then 118-120 MPH is your target.

Got mine maxed out now as far as i can with the 3.5bar MAP for the boost im running. I cant get as much flow as a 3 bar but its definitely making a lot of power. I figure im losing just under 20% linear flow using the 3.5 vs. 3.0. Target is 10.8:1 and DC is hovering in the high 40's to low 50's. With Q16 it will be in the high 50's:eek: . With 93 octane that is 5-10% ethanol it would be in the mid 50's for DC but id drop the target a little to 10.6-10.7 for safety. No need to take chances on this 140+k stock bottom end.

Not to hijack the thread, but how many miles was on the long block when you swapped heads? I've considered doing ported champions, but figured with 154k mile bottom end, it wouldn't last:frown:

Not to hijack the thread, but how many miles was on the long block when you swapped heads? I've considered doing ported champions, but figured with 154k mile bottom end, it wouldn't last:frown:

134k. It now has over 140k and at least 200 pulls through 3rd at 24+psi:eek: . Never detonated though. What happened to it before it was modded means a lot.