You can type here any text you want

When in reverse my posi-trac clicks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lowpro

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you have hand a clicking noise coming from your rear-end when you drive in reverse. It doesn't happen in drive. I hoping my frame is'nt crack, need a new rear end or transmission. Any thoughts would help.
Thank you,

2X U joints, probably clicks in reverse because you are going slow and you can hear the worn U joint fall each revolution of the driveshaft, but you generally don't / can't hear it in drive going forward due to centrifugal force which keeps the U joint from falling back & forth. HTH

If you have posi-trac... then you probably need posi-trac fluid. You can get them at the dealership...comes in a little bottle. While you are at it, maybe you should change out the rearend oil.

dave

I think you are referring to the posi additive...used to be whale oil, may still be. Stinks like crazy. GM calls it "Limited Slip Axle Lubricant Additive".....P/N 1052358. Usually 1 or 2 of the 4 fl. oz. bottles will do the trick. Note: Works for posi's with clutches only.

Conrad

Back