You can type here any text you want

When to run spacers on 15X8 rims w/4 inch backspacing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Here goes....just had a pair of M/T drag radials size 275-50-R15 mounted on a pair of 15X8 Rally rims with a 4 inch b.s.

On my car the driver side there's only less than 1/2 an inch between the tire side wall and the frame rail. There's even more room on the other side.

I've heard some say they've had rubbing issues turning corners. I'm wondering how much side to side movement would the axle have that might cause the inner tire to meet up with the frame rail?

Any ideas? Am I so close a spacer should be in order? (I just got done putting the tires on and it's late for a test drive but i don't want to f up my recently purchased tires)

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem especially if you are at stock riding height. Same backspacing and width wheel on my GN and I am about as low as you can go. Had to trim my wheelwell lips and have to be careful of weird driveway angles but no problems so far.

what psi you have in the tires will make the difference whether or not you get 'tire walk' as the sidewall flexes when you are turning. In a straight line, your good to drop psi all day. stock bushings in the LCA make a difference too. When I went with the metcos, from what I can tell, my side to side action in the axle is gone.

Thanks...and yes GG that is/was one of my concerns too...b/c as of now there's probably like 35 PSI in the tires and when i run I'll let it out down to 20or so. Which has me wondering how much if any will the sidewalls bulge out and rub the side of the frame rail.

Back