You can type here any text you want

Where can I find one of these? Electric issues???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Part 1: On a couple of occasions at completely random times my horn started blaring. Went off at 2 in the morning and while sitting in traffic waiting at a light. Smacked the $*#t and it would stop. Embarassing if nothing else.

I took the horn button off and the white plastic tube that holds the end of the spring for the horn is broken off where the tab from the button connects to it. Its down inside the column an inch or so. I need a replacement for the white plastic tube.

Any idea where I can find one? I haven't disassembled it any further, just disconnected the horn.

Part 2: Car died on me while driving, I had just replaced some bulbs in the dash. I didn't know about the volt bulb not working and not recharging the battery. Battery would drain the system slowly. Pushed the bulb in further and problem was solved. Found this out by searching on here.

Now the right turn signal in the dash stays illuminated when the lights are on. When I use the turn signal it will blink. The PS marker light in the headlight bezel won't come on when the parking lights and headlights are on. It will blink at all times when the turn signal is being used, it just doesnt come on with the lights on???

Dash issue, turn signal stalk issue or light harness issue? Any way to isolate the problem based on my description of the problem. I have checked the bulb and the harness as far as I can. Not a major problem just annoying and wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this.

GM has used this horn hot wire design for years.Might find a repair kit in "Help" hardware at parts store , or at salvage yard.
Anytime electrical gets stupid symptoms,check for bad grounds.

Think I found my problem.

The outside parking lights on the front bumper, the ones that flash when the turn signal is activated. The receptacle on the DS has a metal blade type prong that extends into the opening against the bulb when the bulb is inserted. It was broken off on the PS somehow. I am not sure if they are linked or not. Definitely a dual circuit, one for the parking lights and one for the flashing turn signal.

Can the inner socket (plastic) for the outer bumper parking lights be found easily at a parts store?

Part 1: On a couple of occasions at completely random times my horn started blaring. Went off at 2 in the morning and while sitting in traffic waiting at a light. Smacked the $*#t and it would stop. Embarassing if nothing else.

I took the horn button off and the white plastic tube that holds the end of the spring for the horn is broken off where the tab from the button connects to it. Its down inside the column an inch or so. I need a replacement for the white plastic tube.

Any idea where I can find one? I haven't disassembled it any further, just disconnected the horn.

turn signal cancelling cam
gbodyparts has them
Steering Wheel Horn Button Cam
or head to junk yard , and youll need a steering wheel puller and a cancelling cam plate removal tool (depresser) to get it out

Yep cancelling cam. This one was used on just about everything with a tilt wheel. You should be able to find it hanging on the Help Rack.

Finding good used ones are damn near impossible. Usually the plastic tower is broken on them.

Back