Where can i take car for transmission work

Michael30815

Hello everyone, hopefully someone can give me a good source for me to take my transmission too. Transmission has 140k miles on it and im pushing 425 horsepower with my set up. Just wondering is there a place within reasonable driving distance from Augusta, Ga 30906, that i can take my transmission to and have it built to handle up to 600 horsepower. Im not a mechanic and would rather drive it there and service it before it goes bad. Please help or any venders close by.

without question EXTREME AUTOMATICS .. have a local pull it.. ship it to them .. his customer service is OUTSTANDING ..i really cant believe how OUTSTANDING ..the man behind the product is worth it !!

Thanks everyone, i believe im going to try neal transmissions. Its only 126 miles from where i live. Thank everyone for input.

Take it from someone who's had four, that's right, FOUR transmissions in my car in the 8 years I've owned it. Lonnie gets them right PERIOD. It may cost a bit more up front for Extreme Automatics, BUT, IF you plan on making more power with your car you will regret not using him. My $.2

I live in Athens , Ga . . . . My brother in-law had a 700 built by a guy in Snellville , Ga . . . . . Said the guy was into building racing powerglides . Could be the same one SS mentions in a previous post . Very happy with the trans . Said the only way he would guarantee it was to use his converter .

great advice given by a few. +1000000 for Extreme Automatics. Good luck with whomever you choose.

Extreme Automatics gets my vote. May want to shoot Jason White/ v6 racer as well hes in Ms and does good work

Pulling a tranny looks complicated...but it is something that you can handle if you get someone with knowledge to give you advice and take your time. Steve V here on the board built mine (great job done by him BTW) and let me watch and lend a hand. Learned a lot with the little I did and if I ever have to pull it for some reason I feel confident that I can do it.

I do NOT have a lot of experience with this, so that is saying something.

I'm in California "Extreme Automatics!"

I had 8k in trans problems. My guy out here is gone no longer in business. Next choice Extreme Automatics there's no other choice in my book.

This could be a very very expensive hobby if you can't do much mechanical work. Pulling a trans is easy. disconnect battery, remove driveshaft, unbolt starter, torque converter bolts, trans crossmember, belhousing bolts. Trans is on the ground in less that an hour without much experience. I wouldv'e gone broke before I ever got my car running right if I couldn't do it on my own.