Where do you get your Methanol in So. CA?

Meth prices just went up, I got my 5 gallon fix from Socal in downey last week and it cost me 32.00 bucks, no more 16.00 dollars for 5 gallons. FUC* that.. when will they stop hiking prices like this, I gues I am going to have to sell a few things if i wanna keep driving the Brick.

I payed 41.00 for VP M-1 :eek: :eek:

I get mine from Ace Auto. There on the No./West corner of Adams and Magnolia st. It's right across from the Donut shop car show in Huntington Beach. Last time I bought VP M1 was about 6 months ago. I think I paid about $35.00 for a 5 gal can.

Mike

Meth prices just went up, I got my 5 gallon fix from Socal in downey last week and it cost me 32.00 bucks, no more 16.00 dollars for 5 gallons. FUC* that.. when will they stop hiking prices like this, I gues I am going to have to sell a few things if i wanna keep driving the Brick.
I get it by the 55 gallon drum and price hikes are hitting me too. It seems all the big dealers are raising prices on their meth(anol). :biggrin: Is that light enough? :rolleyes:

Hey GNAsuka
I live in sylmar and have gotten my meth from
High Tech Performance in Van Nuys
818 908 0943
:cool:

Awesome...thanks. Sylmar you say? My gf lives in Sylmar....saw a GN parked on one of the streets. Had bigger aftermarket rims....wonder if that was yours?

Good Lord, I just got off of the phone with Ace Auto in Huntington Beach just across from Donut Derelict's where Mike (Spoolfoo2) just bought some for $ 36 @ 5 gals not too long ago. Ready for this. V1= methanol = type M-1 = 41.99 for 5 gals, M-3 = 44.99 for 5 gals., & M-5 = 46.99 for 5 gals. I am bringing my .45 just in case they try and charge me a deposit on the can.
At this rate, it will become a close race between a tankful of 100 octane unleaded and enough V-1 M-5 methanol to use in an average tankful of gas.
I'll bet that race gas, both UL & L goes up again before long. About 4 or 5 months ago, V-1 100 octane unleaded went up $79 or $.89 a gal where I was getting it on the corner of Garfield & Beach.

Meth $

Ya, but I'll bet a $41.00 can will last you about a year. :)

My first purchased can will probably still be around when hell freezes over. What's everybody run, M-1, M-2, or M-3? The only thing that I remember Ace saying is that M-2 was oxengenated. So what do we run? I would normally think that being the most pricey, M-3 would be the best for our application?
It's not the idea of how much that it costs, Mike, but how much that it has gone up over the last couple of months, & why has it gone up. Other than supply and demand. I need to look into a smaller 2.5 gal container for it also, as I am afraid that a 5 gal can will deteriorate over than much storage time.

My first purchased can will probably still be around when hell freezes over. What's everybody run, M-1, M-2, or M-3? The only thing that I remember Ace saying is that M-2 was oxengenated. So what do we run? I would normally think that being the most pricey, M-3 would be the best for our application?
It's not the idea of how much that it costs, Mike, but how much that it has gone up over the last couple of months, & why has it gone up. Other than supply and demand. I need to look into a smaller 2.5 gal container for it also, as I am afraid that a 5 gal can will deteriorate over than much storage time.
Well's go price out a gallon of denatured alcohol at home depot. I bet it's about $15.00 by now & maybe you won't feel so bad at $4.00. Cause if
methanol wasn't available it would be really screwed.

Well's go price out a gallon of denatured alcohol at home depot. I bet it's about $15.00 by now & maybe you won't feel so bad at $4.00. Cause if methanol wasn't available it would be really screwed.
Sorry, BooHoo, I am not following what you mean? Why would I want to go out and price a gal of denatured alcohol when we run methanol? I really don't feel bad about the $4.00, which is actually $6.00, BTW, if you are referring to the increase in price providing M-1 is what Mike bought, but the % of increase in such a short length of time and what it indicates in relationship to our economy & recession prone downturn. And if methanol wasn't available what would be screwed? BTW, don't eat up all of the pizza before I get there, too.

Sorry, BooHoo, I am not following what you mean? Why would I want to go out and price a gal of denatured alcohol when we run methanol? I really don't feel bad about the $4.00, which is actually $6.00, BTW, if you are referring to the increase in price providing M-1 is what Mike bought, but the % of increase in such a short length of time and what it indicates in relationship to our economy & recession prone downturn. And if methanol wasn't available what would be screwed? BTW, don't eat up all of the pizza before I get there, too.[/QUOTE/
Sorry nickle nose,( thats for calling me Boo Hoo ) What I meant is what other option would there be other than to buy denatured alcohol if menthanol wasn't available. I thought that maybe would make you feel better thats all. Plus now I'm going to have Ralph spike your pizza with ex-lax.

Sorry, BooHoo, I am not following what you mean? Why would I want to go out and price a gal of denatured alcohol when we run methanol? I really don't feel bad about the $4.00, which is actually $6.00, BTW, if you are referring to the increase in price providing M-1 is what Mike bought, but the % of increase in such a short length of time and what it indicates in relationship to our economy & recession prone downturn. And if methanol wasn't available what would be screwed? BTW, don't eat up all of the pizza before I get there, too.[/QUOTE/
Sorry nickle nose,( thats for calling me Boo Hoo ) What I meant is what other option would there be other than to buy denatured alcohol if menthanol wasn't available. I thought that maybe would make you feel better thats all. Plus now I'm going to have Ralph spike your pizza with ex-lax.
Dear Miss Prudie:.............