You can type here any text you want

Where to find foam door window weatherstrips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Does anyone make/sell the weather stripping for the door windows on a hardtop car? This is the foam that when the door window is rolled all the way up, makes contact with when the door is shut. Helps keep out water and such when it rains.

I checked gbodyparts but didn't see it listed.

There is a company that makes aftermarket but they get mixed reviews. I think the company is something like softseal or something close to that.

Bryan

I've heard of Softseal.....I dunno if you saw the link I posted, it looks as if you posted before i finished editing....but I dunno if those seals would work....they're repops for a 1978-88 Monte Carlo.

Here is another one, I have no experience with any of the aftermarket ones. I have seen some that are rather hard & seem to be made of several peices & they seperate. Don't know which ones they are but they are not good.

https://secure.steelerubber.com/

Nothing fits/seals like OEM. $350.00 sounds pricey but it's the only way to go. In the end you be glad and your buick will be happy.

There are 2 aftermarket brands. Metrosoft and Softseal. One is good one not so much. I don't remember what I have on the regal but it's the not so good one. Wished I had gone OEM when they were still $200/set

Nothing fits/seals like OEM. $350.00 sounds pricey but it's the only way to go. In the end you be glad and your buick will be happy.

The OEM ones you speak of are no longer produced....correct?

Softseal here and they seperated in the corners in 3 years...FAIL:mad:

Mine have cracks in the corners and a big nick in the pass side center. They're foam though.

The OEM ones you speak of are no longer produced....correct?

Mine have cracks in the corners and a big nick in the pass side center. They're foam though.

That means the Metrosoft are the pretty good ones then.

Metrosoft suck as well. They both suck! Trust me, I've been down this road twice to the point I actually bought two of each over time thinking I'd give it another shot. Get OEM. Unfortunately, its the only "good" option right now.

Back