Where to get B-Body Spindles (refurb)

5ltretr

Looking for the b body spindles , I tried autozone and several others.

is this a Dealer only part, or does some 3rd party company sell these refurbished?

thanks
myles

left front spindle, no. 18021052 (old no. 14012589)
right front spindle, no. 18016024 (old no. 14012590)

I got mine from a junkyard, it's pretty easy... as long as you have a ball joint separator. I got mine for $60, it took an hour to remove them, but now I'm sure I could do it in half that time.
I hope you explained to him that "good as new" doesn't mean they're new... from what I understand, they're a part you can't really get new, well, I guess a dealer might have them for a few hundred bucks.

Pigguy,

You can get them new for 170 bucks each side:eek:

Like you said the junkyard is a good place to look.

Holy shid! I'd go through all the crap I went through again for only $50, well, for the work portion... though the first trip didn't work out because I didn't have a BJ separator..
Somewhere there was a how-to for getting the spindles and he said a BFH would be enough to separate the BJs, so I brought a 3LB sledge hammer, I got the top BJ off of one side, and I wailed on the LCA and the spindle for at least an hour before I gave up and came back with a BJ separator to get the lower BJ apart.
To make things worse, it was colder than hell outside and my friend wore ONLY three layers... so I had to keep loaning him my hat and listening to him whine about being cold.

But, $170/each is absolutely rediculous... makes me wonder what it would cost to build a car from the ground up, buying all the parts from the dealership.