Where were original GNX rims made?

reggie44

Hello Fellow Buick Turbo Enthusiasts:

Question: Were the original Buick GNX rims put on by ASC at the ASC factory - Made in U.S.A. or Japan or ?

Thank you!

Funny thing someone told me recently(not sure if true or not), but the GNX rims used Firebird center caps. They put GNX stickers over the logo on the center caps to cover it up.

Hello Fellow Buick Turbo Enthusiasts:

Question: Were the original Buick GNX rims put on by ASC at the ASC factory - Made in U.S.A. or Japan or ?

Thank you!
Funny thing someone told me recently(not sure if true or not), but the GNX rims used Firebird center caps. They put GNX stickers over the logo on the center caps to cover it up.

Yes at the ASC facility in Livonia Michigan and made in Japan

Yes it was put over a Firebird center cap .....but the caps were not finished as the Firebird emblem was molded in the cap but did not go through the painting process on the emblem to save money. Then the GNX logo was added. I actually installed several dozen GNX appliques to the caps myself at the assembly plant as were received the caps and added the applique.

So the answer uis Yes they were in fact T/A wheels? I really never knew that. I always thought they were just patterned after them. What size wheels on a GNX? Were they fronts or rears, or was the GNX produced before the T/A offset began?
KID

So the answer uis Yes they were in fact T/A wheels? I really never knew that. I always thought they were just patterned after them. What size wheels on a GNX? Were they fronts or rears, or was the GNX produced before the T/A offset began?
KID
The GNX wheels were NOT T/A wheels , not even close , deeper offset even compared to the T/A fronts .
Now funny story , the guy I bought my X from , does not own a computer or even a cell phone !!!! When I was closing in on buying it , I told him I wanted to pull the wheels just to make sure they are real GNX wheels .The next day he called me upset to tell me that he didn't believe they were real X wheels as they said " Made in Japan " , and said "Front" and " Rear" . LOL !!!
That's was when I knew they were "real" LOL . Yes , I told and explained to him about them .

Yes at the ASC facility in Livonia Michigan and made in Japan

Yes it was put over a Firebird center cap .....but the caps were not finished as the Firebird emblem was molded in the cap but did not go through the painting process on the emblem to save money. Then the GNX logo was added. I actually installed several dozen GNX appliques to the caps myself at the assembly plant as were received the caps and added the applique.

Rick, thanks for sharing. Guy always has great information.