Which 160 lb. Injectors for E85?

Turbo38V6

Guys and gals,

Converted over to E85 earlier this week. Using the 160 lb. injectors and noticing a little sluggishness right off the line when I'm just doing normal driving. Not sure if this is just an E85 normality or if it's the injectors. They are the white-top 160 lbs, tuner told me that they'll work but idle and driveability aren't the best.

I purchased these a while back so I'm curious, what folks are using these days as the ideal 160 lb. injector for an E85 application?

Thx in advance.

-Lloyd

Guys and gals,

Converted over to E85 earlier this week. Using the 160 lb. injectors and noticing a little sluggishness right off the line when I'm just doing normal driving. Not sure if this is just an E85 normality or if it's the injectors. They are the white-top 160 lbs, tuner told me that they'll work but idle and driveability aren't the best.

I purchased these a while back so I'm curious, what folks are using these days as the ideal 160 lb. injector for an E85 application?

Thx in advance.

-Lloyd

Lloyd, I can tell you that I have 165# injectors and my car idles and drives fine. You have to be a really good tuners to get them to work. What brand of injectors? Who did you buy them from? Also, as Jasjam stated, what ECU do you have?

Clint

Clint

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Lloyd, I can tell you that I have 165# injectors and my car idles and drives fine. You have to be a really good tuners to get them to work. What brand of injectors? Who did you buy them from? Also, as Jasjam stated, what ECU do you have?

Clint

Clint

White top 160s from a fellow board member. ECU is a Classic FAST B2B (I know, not the traditional XFI E85 marriage but should work and has for some good power).

Clint, what brand 165s are you using if you don't mind me asking?

I got them from Precision. I believe that they are Bosch...

Now I bought a set of injectors that were 160s from a place in Valparaiso Ind and they were junk. I went through 2 set and I couldn't get anything to work. Flooding, back fire, and vapor lock to name a few things.

Do you have a pic of those injectors?
Why I ask is that many vendors drill out the orfice to make 160s and they wont tune right.

Clint

I also have bosh 160lb white tops and fast bank to bank on the E85.... It took a lot to get good idle and drivability . Mine idles at 950rpm at 12.5-13.0 air fuel at 25 deg timing..I keep it in open loop til 1,500 rpm that helped a lot..hope this helps?

I also have bosh 160lb white tops and fast bank to bank on the E85.... It took a lot to get good idle and drivability . Mine idles at 950rpm at 12.5-13.0 air fuel at 25 deg timing..I keep it in open loop til 1,500 rpm that helped a lot..hope this helps?

I would like to talk to you about your setup. Can you PM me your number so I can give you a call? I tried to PM you but was not able to.

Clint

Clint