You can type here any text you want

Which 400 transmission?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

So, in the near future I am building a Stage II motor, and will be looking to turn up the wick. I would like to keep an eye out for a turbo 400 in case I need to swap from the 200 to the 400 in the future so want to know if there is something to look out for or avoid. I assume the short tail shaft car model, but is there a certain year, model, etc to keep an eye out for?

I would give Carl Rossler a call. He will not steer you wrong, he is the most stand up vendor I have ever dealt with.

Who is that? Don't recognize the name, and not on the sticky for trans vendors. Thanks for the info too!

Rossler trans is great, that's who most of the LSX guys use, but don't think you'd go wrong with supporting vendors either

Sent from my DROID2

Lonnie builds 400's that can take a beating. Call him, he can give you the info you need.

Bryan

Who is that? Don't recognize the name, and not on the sticky for trans vendors. Thanks for the info too!

I realize Carl is not a supporting vendor. Other vendors and engine builders get mentioned here all the time by members and everybody does not get their panties in a bunch over it. The point (I believe) here is he (Carl Rossler) builds some bad azz tranny's (Petty/Lynch run one of his TH400's) and he has multiple levels of transmissions from mild to wild to fit any budget.

Do a search if you are interested, like I said there isn't a better guy to deal with and I guarantee you won't have to post threads on the board to get in touch with him.

Rossler is regarded as the Best in pretty much all the Heads up racing classes

A lot of Big names use their stuff.

A search on Yellowbullet will tell all...

I realize Carl is not a supporting vendor. Other vendors and engine builders get mentioned here all the time by members and everybody does not get their panties in a bunch over it. The point (I believe) here is he (Carl Rossler) builds some bad azz tranny's (Petty/Lynch run one of his TH400's) and he has multiple levels of transmissions from mild to wild to fit any budget.

Do a search if you are interested, like I said there isn't a better guy to deal with and I guarantee you won't have to post threads on the board to get in touch with him.

I could care less whether he is a supporting vendor or not, I just did not recognize the name so looked on the vendor list to see if it was listed. No panties in a bunch here. ;)

To be honest, I am looking to see what core trans I need to keep an eye out for. I want to build one. I know, I will probably screw stuff up and break stuff, but I have never built a trans and have always wanted to. I was going to build my 200 when it went south, but it broke 6 days before I had to drive from Kansas to Florida, then back to California. Not the time to learn!

I am the type who tries to learn how to do all my own stuff, and am really interested in building a trans. I never knew how to build engines until one day I tried it. Turned into a job and had built probably 250-300 engines before I joined the Navy. Want to try my hand at a transmission now. Will it last? Will I break it? Will it even have all the gears it is meant to have? Who knows, but I want to give it a shot. In the end maybe I will pay someone to do it (right, again, for the 5th time?), but I would like to give it a shot.

So, if anyone has input on which model to keep an eye out for, I am all ears. For suggestions on builders, that's fine too, I will file the info away until I need it.

Thanks again.

Rossler is regarded as the Best in pretty much all the Heads up racing classes

A lot of Big names use their stuff.

A search on Yellowbullet will tell all...

I have to admit, once I left his first name off, Rossler made a whole lot more sense and I did recognize it. Hey, it was late at night, I was tired, brain was not functioning fully... :redface:

Back