You can type here any text you want

Which axle and c-clip eliminators? MOSER

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Looking to pick up some moser axles and c-clip eliminators on my trip to summit.

Stock rear end with posi.

Do I use the 28 spline axles and the 9000 c-clip eliminator kit?

Searched couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Had 1 set 1 time. A tru PITA...
Leaked due to the seal being installed w/ a sledge hammer. A $hitty design that would not allow r&r of the seal w/o special tools.
To top it off, the tech guy was a DICK..
Strange has a better design that you can service, if necessary.
[Mine came w/ the eliminators already installed.]

Thanks for the info. Do you know or remeber the part numbers for the axles and eliminator kit from strange?

Thanks Brandon!

Save yourself the headache of the leaking c-clip eliminators and have 9"housing ends welded on..I have had 3 other cars that all three had c-clip elim.and all three leaked...Put 9"ends on my last ride...no problems and was street driven alot...

I have some Moser axles with c-clip eliminator kit and spool also. A short while after the initial installation, I nolticed a little oil leaking from the axle bearings into the rear brakes. A friend mechanic of mine noticed that there was long enough machined part on the axles to install a seal inside the axle tubes (no too far in, so the seal rides against the machining on the axle...). We tried that and there never was a single drop of oil since!...simple, but effective.:wink:

Claude. :)

My brother (V and P Racing)installed my 33 spline moser w/c clip and a spool. 3 or 4 years ago, no leaks.
If your are buying axles and c clip I would recommend upgrading the spline size. Of course you will have to upgrade your posi or go to a spool. but at least you will never have to buy axles again.

33 spline strange axles, spool, and c/clip elemis, no leakes here. would be nice to have ford ends but the strage stuff works.

Thanks guys, I think I may wait a bit now before doing this mod. I have several other things I can do for the time being. Don't need to start a problem project.

My brother (V and P Racing)installed my 33 spline moser w/c clip and a spool. 3 or 4 years ago, no leaks.
If your are buying axles and c clip I would recommend upgrading the spline size. Of course you will have to upgrade your posi or go to a spool. but at least you will never have to buy axles again.
toofastforyou you said you put a seal in the axles tube do you have a part# for the seal thanks Ron

toofastforyou you said you put a seal in the axles tube do you have a part# for the seal thanks Ron

Here's the part # I have...it's 28X55X8DL. I think it's looks more like the size than the part #, but that's all there is on the invoice...:redface: If you go to a bearing and seals place and ask for this number, they might be able to help...?

Good luck,

Claude. :cool:

I don't have eliminators yet, so I'm probably talking out my azz.

But it seems to me the problem with leakage is that the Mosers are ball bearings. OE are tapered rollers for good reason (I used to make them at New Departure - Hyatt. Christ! That was almost 35 years ago! I'm gonna be dead before I know it.)

Strange makes a street / circle tack tapered roller C-clip eliminator, or at least they used to. I often think that is the solution to leakage, in addition to the seal method described above.

Just thinking out loud here.

Put my mosers on three years ago & they have never leaked a drop. Also re-did a friends who was leaking & it completely stopped. It's not that tough to put them on right & have them not leak.

By the way if anyone is looking I have a pair of 28 spline moser axles with the eliminators installed I will sell.

John

Has anyone tried the new Strange Engineering C-clip eliminators for the GM 10-bolt rear ends? Their new design is supposedly not supposed to leak or have any other issues. Anyone?

Back