Which headers should i got with???

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i have a 3in gbodyparts downpipe on its way. I just found out that i have cracks in both of my headers. So i would like to replace them with a nice stainless set that would also give me some performance gain. Which set should i go with? I was looking at the one on full throttle speed and there is a set on ebay from a GN vendor. Both are around 600, might be the same ones not sure. Also i was told by someone that getting aftermarket headers would increase turbo lag for whatever reason, if somebody can set me straight on that id appreciate it. Thanks

I sell the same headers as FS. Not sure if they will work with the G body downpipe or not. Don't think that pipe was designed to sweep out far enough to clear the crossover pipe that comes up into the motor compartment. Better check with Brian at G body to make sure.

I have the G-body 3" pipe with Marks headers. They fit, but just barely. I did have to "Re-shape" the pipe a bit with a hammer. If I we're to do it again, I would either go with the downpipe made specifically for the headers or a set of TA headers.

I might just get my stockers welded up. Im not trying to make this car a race car just trying to get it running the best it can. More like a weekend driver car, but i was hearing if i just keep running the 17-18lbs of boost im running now that aftermarket headers will slow me down on the bottom end.

The only aftermarket headers that Really increased turbo lag were the old Hooker headers (speaking from experience), due to their poor design. Both headers exited Down, met at the bottom, then had a long uppipe to the turbo. Most of the current headers that use the basic stock or ATR design (passenger side exits toward the turbo, and meets the driver side crossover) should not increase lag (that you would notice). ;)

If fixing your stock headers doesn't work, Kirban's has some new Stainless stock replacement headers coming out soon.:biggrin:

If fixing your stock headers doesn't work, Kirban's has some new Stainless stock replacement headers coming out soon.:biggrin:

I am looking forward to seeing these since that's the route I want to go with mine.

Those are the new TA headers there is a thread here with pics there nice and I think 700 a set.

Fix your stock ones and save your money. They will give you little to no performance gain at your power levels.

Unless you're planning on building a 10 sec or better car...stay with the stockers. There are methods to make them more crack resistant, and they flow just fine deep into the 10's.