Which injectors

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Looks like I got some tuning to do in the next 2 1/2 months.............LOL

What MPH have people gotten for their 11.9 stock combo times?

I went 11.82@114.88 with stock Turbo, IC, Injectors, DP, convertor bla bla on NIttos with an open Dump. I added a 3inch Downpipe and full 3inch exhaust and slowed the mph down to 113 but hooked a little better for 11.77.

I had a best of 116.50mph with the open dump and a handful of 115s but most of the time it went 114.

This was in the Fall, Although I did go 114mph in Bristol that year which was in September and its usually in the 80s there that time of year.

Thanks Mike, now I know what I am shooting for, I have always tuned for MPH and not ET, but now that I have the ET-streets, I can worry about the ET and 60' also.

Originally posted by TTA89
The stock Turbo will probably be fast at 17psi than the TE60 and since thats all the boost your going to be able to run why bother with a Turbo Upgrade?

because the stock turbo went bad. I got this turbo cheaper than a TE44. I wasn't about to pay $375-300 for a stock turbo(which has been the going rate for a good one) when I could've gotten the TE60 for a few bucks more.

I have bluetop injectors now...you say the TE60 won't do me any good...any suggestions on what I should do? Like I said I don't plan on running race gas..my car is a street car and will 99.9% be in street trim...I see no point in bragging about times on race gas when it's a street car that will see almost daily driver like miles come next spring.

also I'm opening up the heads a bit, a cam and getting the intercooler necks modified, a 3'' DP and a dump not sure if that was said

the 1/4 time for my car was 11.99@113mph with a slipping tranny and half shot headgaskets ;)

Tony, any reason your dead set against race gas??? Why dont you do like me and run the tank down, fill it up with race gas at the track, change the chip, crank the boost, go fast and smile???! Get a Denso O2 sensor also...

Not like youre planning on street racing it, and if you have plans to go as fast as steve on pump gas you have a lot more work and a lot more $$$ and problems than just the turbo ahead of you....

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
the 1/4 time for my car was 11.99@113mph with a slipping tranny and half shot headgaskets ;)

Tony, any reason your dead set against race gas??? Why dont you do like me and run the tank down, fill it up with race gas at the track, change the chip, crank the boost, go fast and smile???! Get a Denso O2 sensor also...

Not like youre planning on street racing it, and if you have plans to go as fast as steve on pump gas you have a lot more work and a lot more $$$ and problems than just the turbo ahead of you....

Tom, no plans on going as fast as Steve, he's already 11.3@119 wth a little more left...I'll be happy with low 12's.

Why am I dead set against race gas? For the reasons I said earlier..it's a street car...like people I know take their daily driver/street cars to the track and rip out seats, interiors etc and then run..that's just retarded...if I run 94 octane everyday that's I'm gonna run at the track...it may sound stubborn, retarded or whatever but that's me...full interior, and the options the car came with(aside from AC, I never used it anyway) etc is how the car is going to be run.

I dont see why low 12's or even high 11's on colder nights isnt possible on pumpgas with what Tony is saying.Turbo, injectors, ported heads, and cam should get him there.I have basically the same stuff though probrobly slightly more agressive than Tony will be doing,and saddled with a power robbing TH400 and 3.08 gears I still manage bests of 11.46@115.81 w/1.55 60ft and 11.49@117.58 w/1.68 60ft on a street chip and pumpgas(no alchy or additives, the times in my sig were done with a few gallons of racegas thrown in and a pound or two more boost).

I do suggest the MSD 50's though,as they are really good injectors and most important,they work well.

Steve

Originally posted by Razor
:D :cool:

Wont happen in the summer..

Frank..how them O2's hanging with the 110 :) wish I could afford to drive on 110..eats up all the mod money ;)

One word DENSO

Damn thing has been in the car since early april, has seen about 50 gallons of race fuel and CC's are still good, pretty amazing if you ask me. Race gas is just cheap insurance, plus my car sits in the garage most of the time anyway, sees the road once a week if that. I just would hate to have an alky system fail when the wik is lit to 25#'s and all the defense I have is straight 91 in the tank.:eek:

What MPH have people gotten for their 11.9 stock combo times

I wasnt running a stock combo but I ran a 11.94 or some thing like that at 110mph. Launching the car good and hard will pay some real nice dividends on your time slip. I ran my old GN at the track only 1 time and ran 13.04@111mph. So 11.94@110 or 13.04@111 kind of helps show the importance of a good launch. So if you have an ET goal in mind and want to limit the motor mods then you may want to look real good into maximizing your gains right off the line.

Jason

Originally posted by fly89gta

I have bluetop injectors now...you say the TE60 won't do me any good...any suggestions on what I should do? Like I said I don't plan on running race gas..my car is a street car and will 99.9% be in street trim...I see no point in bragging about times on race gas when it's a street car that will see almost daily driver like miles come next spring.

Truthfully the best suggestion I can make is to sell the car and buy a V8 F-body or Mustang. Your taking away the one thing that makes these cars go fast. Its like building a 454 and then putting a 300cfm two barrel on it.

Good Luck.

BTW, I raced a TTA on the highway today in my Lightning and walked away from him. These cars DO NOT run for crap on pumpgas. I can't stress that enough, You put the WRONG engine in your car.

Truthfully the best suggestion I can make is to sell the car and buy a V8 F-body or Mustang. Your taking away the one thing that makes these cars go fast. Its like building a 454 and then putting a 300cfm two barrel on it.

Mike, honeslty man that's insulting and I wouldn't expect that from you. So the only way to make power is to run race gas? Please, that's absurd...if that's the case I guess Steve is doing something wrong since he's running mid 11's on straight 94 gas...

BTW, I raced a TTA on the highway today in my Lightning and walked away from him. These cars DO NOT run for crap on pumpgas. I can't stress that enough, You put the WRONG engine in your car.

well like i said I guess Steve is doing something wrong by running 11.4's on pump gas :rolleyes: I have him helping me every step of the way...so there is no way I'm gonna run low 12's on 94 eh...be prepared to be proved wrong :) and if you end up being right then you end up being right...but I'm building the motor with pump gas in mind.

As far as the Lightning comment, I wouldn't doubt it...since when are TTA's top end screamers? Race gas wouldn't have helped him in the least bit...

Also I'll be the judge of what motor is right for MY car, thanks :):D;)

These cars DO NOT run for crap on pumpgas. I can't stress that enough, You put the WRONG engine in your car

Damn! I guess Razors 11.60's on pump gas are crappy? Razors doing this on a stock long block. Now fly SAYS wants to run low 12's with a few bolt ons and heads and cam....
Fly if your dead set on the pump gas then you got to get an alky kit. Put your combo together, put alky on it, tune it out, and get it to hook up. The only way your going to run a low 12 after you do these things is if you lift shortly after the 1/8th mile. If you get it set up right you should be solid in the 11's.

Jason

At 80% duty cycle (recommended )-the 42.5 s are good for about 408 hp, the 50 s are good for about 480 hp,the 57 s are good for about 550 hp.-i would get the 57 s.

Originally posted by fly89gta
Mike, honeslty man that's insulting and I wouldn't expect that from you. So the only way to make power is to run race gas? Please, that's absurd...if that's the case I guess Steve is doing something wrong since he's running mid 11's on straight 94 gas...

I don't mean to be insulting, I am just telling you that your doing it wrong. Pumpgas and Turbobuicks do not mix. So like I said above, for the money that your gonna spend on Heads, Cam, Turbo, Injectors ect ect to only run low boost with no timing on pumpgas you could have built a pretty healthy V8 Mustang or Camaro that would kick its ass. Your leaving 100hp sitting on the table by limiting yourself to pumpgas. 100hp. Do you know what people pay to pickup 100hp? You can do it with a 25 dollar chip and a Gas Can with 40 bucks worth of fuel.

Its just fuel! Your at a Racetrack, why not run racegas? You gonna run Radial tires?

Originally posted by postal
Damn! I guess Razors 11.60's on pump gas are crappy?

Uh huh.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He aint running 26psi on straight pumpgas.

I didn't say I was never going to run race gas but I want good times on the pump gas...like I said it's a street car and will see a lot of driving time when the weather is nice...that's the reason i'm doing the cam and heads...

and as far as the $$ is concerned I won't have more than $1500 into it iwth the cam,heads and downpipe.

I WILL run the good gas, it will just be few and far between...I sure as hell won't be running C16 while driving the car a few times a week lol :)

Your original post said you wanted mid 11s and did not want to run racegas. I don't think that is a realistic goal.

$1500 bucks for Ported Heads, Cam and Downpipe? Uhh.. Thats pretty cheap. My Heads were $1200 alone.

i said mid 11's would be nice, then in the last few posts i was really shooting for low 12's..

I'm not going nuts on the heads, valve job, new guides,seals and some minor bowl work. I'm not going a full port job.

Like I said low 12's, not mid 11's. I KNOW I'd hit mid 11's on race gas....

I really only want to run mid 11's TOPS(and that's pushing it because I don't plan on running race gas so I'll probably be low 12's)

That is the post that started the thread..I know mid 11's on pump gas is really out of the question..