Which injectors

fly89gta

Ok, here's the deal...I have a TE60 turbo sitting here, I'll have a ATR DP(provided Bob still has it when I'm ready to get it) soon to be ported heads and a cam(perhaps a 204-214, not sure yet).

I WAS gonna go with MSD50's but would 009's work as well? People are asking way too much for MSD50's in my opinion..the 009's are getting cheap...would they be enough injector for my combo. I really only want to run mid 11's TOPS(and that's pushing it because I don't plan on running race gas so I'll probably be low 12's)

What do you guys think?

009's can be made to work, but the extra time you spend getting them dialed in with a variety of chips, you'll wish you bought 50's.

SAFE INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE

A safe injector Duty Cycle is considered to be NMT 80% at WOT, max. RPM, & max. boost.

The new Hi-Z 55#s are another excellent recommendation, & super chips are easily obtained for them, also.

Always calculate the cost of new HGs or more when choosing a chip, too.

HTH :)

Hell some dude said he went 122mph on several passes with stockers! I must be retarded because I have never actually broke 120 in my car and I'm switching from 50's to 72's.
I say if your planing on turning up the boost with that set up then go to atleast 50's.

HTH: Jason

Check out Racetronix. They are running a special in the advertisers section on 57lb/hr high impedance injectors. I would jump on that wagon as quickly as possible.

I ran 009s for about a year. I now run 83s and a Max Effort. Well when the car gets back together anyways.;)

Thanks for the opinions guys...I mean if I have to go with MSD then I will, it's not really that big of a deal..I just say 009's getting cheaper and cheaper and figured I'd ask.

The more successful guys on the board set a goal, and then plan the best way to achieve it. What are your goals?

Injectors, will dictate a maximum speed and time at the track. Some injectors are easier to tune and give some safety margin in terms of risk to blown engines and headgaskets.

The 50's and 57's will give you more safety margin as far as fuel is concerned, without ECM modification. They'll go well into the 11's with easy tuning (maybe high 10's).

The smaller injectors are cheaper now because the 50's and 57's give you important advantages that can help you go faster, easier, with less vulnerability to run lean and blow you engine to pieces.

I went with 50's last month to avoid any more injector purchases (goal of high 11's, low 12's), and, for the safety of plenty of fuel available to avoid a blown headgasket.

I saw a set of 50's for $250 last week on this board....That is a steal.

Well I'm planning on high 11's. I'll probably just get 50's so I have plenty of breathing room in case I end up going faster

Thanks guys

Dude once you meet your goal your just going to want to go faster. You should put an alky kit on the car with the combo your talking about. On pump gas with your combo and alky, you should be able to go past your goal.

HTH: Jason

Well I'm planning on high 11's

Funny, I have the same for my car. All except doing it with bigger injectors, turbo,and downpipe. If I can get a few 12.0/11.9 runs out of it in true street form (no racegas, just propain) I will be happy and then I might upgrade.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Funny, I have the same for my car. All except doing it with bigger injectors, turbo,and downpipe. If I can get a few 12.0/11.9 runs out of it in true street form (no racegas, just propain) I will be happy and then I might upgrade.

I want to run as quick as possible on regular pump gas in street trim...I don't plan to run race gas and insane amounts of boost, I see no point in it since the GTA is my STREET car...street cars don't run race gas :D

I want to run as quick as possible on regular pump gas in street trim...I don't plan to run race gas and insane amounts of boost, I see no point in it since the GTA is my STREET car...street cars don't run race gas

That is what I am talking about, I just have a different way of getting there. I am trying to prove (once again) that a TTA can be taken into the high 11's on the stock turbo and injectors and downpipe. I know it has been done by at least one person on this board, but I want to do it on 91 octane since the knowledge and technology of alcohol and propane is now available. Sure I will be running ET-streets to do it, but I have driven on the street with them and will definately drive to the track on them. I just don't want to dump several thousand dollars into my car just to run 12's or 13's because I don't know how to tune it or have a bad combination (big turbo and stock converter).

I know the easiest way to build an 11 second street car is to build a 10 second drag car and just run less boost and octane, but I refuse to go that route as I am sure you will agree. I just want to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of mine with what I have and I am sure you want the most performance for the dollar too.

The reason I posted here is because I think your goals are too modest. With the parts listed (either 009's or msd50's or 57's) I think you should be able to run around 11.3-11.6 in a good tune and some alky or propane or probably a little faster with strait c16. If you plan to buy injectors you may as well buy the biggest ones that will fit anyways. Yes 009's will work but if you try to tune your car to its full potential they will show their face before anything else IMO.

Not trying to flame anyone here.

You can run high 11's on the stock stuff..good luck doing it in the summer...The stock turbo taps out at 21-22 PSI..if you run propain or alky you'll hit a performance wall in the lower 12's. I went 12.1 on stock turbo,stock injectors, alky. As soon as the new turbo went on and was able to run more boost..bam rite into the 11's.

As far as street car.. my car drives like I race it..no changes in tuneup from street to track. 25 plus MPG on the highway..never been able to get a good city reading :)

Como on a TTA to dip into the 11's on stock stuff.. high timing chip,21 PSI, open cutout, race gas,slicks, a great 60 foot..and most important..weather

my buddy steve slipped into the 11's with the stock turbo,DP and injectors..stock motor actually but he was raining the race gas...still impressive

Originally posted by Razor

Como on a TTA to dip into the 11's on stock stuff.. high timing chip,21 PSI, open cutout, race gas,slicks, a great 60 foot..and most important..weather

My car (referred to in fly89gta's post) did that on a thrasher 100, 22 psi, test pipe, c-16, ET streets, trans brake, and a nice cool october night.

and a nice cool october night.

Looks like I got some tuning to do in the next 2 1/2 months.............LOL

What MPH have people gotten for their 11.9 stock combo times?

Originally posted by fly89gta
I want to run as quick as possible on regular pump gas in street trim...I don't plan to run race gas and insane amounts of boost, I see no point in it since the GTA is my STREET car...street cars don't run race gas :D

My car is a street car too. I drive it on a street, to the fuel station, fill it up with 110 octane and drive where ever I want to go, on a street:D

These cars are just a LOT more fun on the street with not much wastegate thread showin';)

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
My car (referred to in fly89gta's post) did that on a thrasher 100, 22 psi, test pipe, c-16, ET streets, trans brake, and a nice cool october night.

:D :cool:

Wont happen in the summer..

Frank..how them O2's hanging with the 110 :) wish I could afford to drive on 110..eats up all the mod money ;)

Originally posted by fly89gta

You will never reach your goals, you will never even get close. You may as well just stay with stock injectors, you won't make enough power on straight pumpgas to even need to bother with an upgrade.

The stock Turbo will probably be fast at 17psi than the TE60 and since thats all the boost your going to be able to run why bother with a Turbo Upgrade?

The reason MSD50s are more expensive is because they WORK. 009s suck and hence the reason they are cheap. 1 in 20 people have gotten them to work right while everyone else complains about idle, tip in issues, lean and rich conditions while going down thet track.