You can type here any text you want

Which intake gasket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

R&R'ing the intake soon. I've always used good ole Felpro but have heard of valley pan gaskets as well. Suggestions?

Here are some part numbers I've collected from this site:

If you're not going to use EGR order a MS96037 valley pan gasket.

Seal power #260-4014
Fel-pro #MS96033, w/EGR ports

RemoveBeforeFlight

Here are some part numbers I've collected from this site:

If you're not going to use EGR order a MS96037 valley pan gasket.

Seal power #260-4014
Fel-pro #MS96033, w/EGR ports

RemoveBeforeFlight
Question. I used the Felpro for no EGR when I recently regasketed the intake. I have stock lower with the ports still open also stock ports in the heads. I just have the ports blocked at the valve with a plate. I now have oil going through the PCV system. I have since installed a separator to stop the smoking. Do you think it's caused by the gasket? Never happened before.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My personal experience. I run the Fel-Pro 1200's which are the individual gaskets on the intake ports with no valley pan. I have a ported manifold and ported heads and they are match ported to the Fel-Pro 1200's. The Fel-Pro 1200's have bigger ports than the big metal 1-piece gasket with the valley pan. I have the EGR ports in the heads filled, EGR tower milled off and welded over in my manifold, and the EGR block off plate where the EGR valve was. On a stock motor I would use the big one piece with the valley pan to avoid pulling oil through the PCV valve. With ported heads and manifold I run the Fel-Pro 1200's and I just block off the PCV and put a large breather in both valve covers. Every time I have run without the valley pan it would pull a bunch of oil through the PCV valve. In the future I plan to put in a separator because with the PCV valve blocked I do get a little fuel smell in the car but since it is E85 smell I don't mind it that much. Robert, I wish I had read your post Friday as we could have talked about it at the meet Saturday night. Hope this helps.

Question. I used the Felpro for no EGR when I recently regasketed the intake. I have stock lower with the ports still open also stock ports in the heads. I just have the ports blocked at the valve with a plate. I now have oil going through the PCV system. I have since installed a separator to stop the smoking. Do you think it's caused by the gasket? Never happened before.

I have no idea if it is due to the gasket or not.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have no idea if it is due to the gasket or not.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Just thought I'd ask. Never had a problem before. Now I get about an oz. or 2 in the separator ever 100 miles.

Back