Which looks better

Which look do you like more?

• Black

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Bare

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Master Cylinder is 1-1/8” bore Wilwood #260-8556-BK with Wilwood Adjustable Proportioning Valve #260-1170 with RH Proportioning Valve Bracket #220-15047

What hydroboost you go with? Thanks for the info...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like that prop valve?
Playing with the idea of putting an adjustable one on and plumbing it in a similar manner

How do you like that prop valve?
Playing with the idea of putting an adjustable one on and plumbing it in a similar manner

Adjustable Prop. Valve is a must , otherwise your brake bias will be off. Keep in mind, you must remove the factory proportioning valve as you cannot have 2 prop. valves in place at the same time. Some minor brake line work and adapters required for the rear line where it comes out of the old factory proportioning valve. I also installed 2# residual pressure valve in the front brake line and 10# in the rear line (as close to the MC as possible). Am very pleased with the brake performance now!

Had a $20 off at jegs coupon so I picked this up

Looks great, had to re do a section of line and still need a clevis for the pedal.

Just have it mocked up for now

7/8 bore
$220
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Now your just showing off..... LOL, good for you, looks great and free's up a lot of real estate.

update:

I finally got time to attempt to finish everything.

*the unit bench bled fine, installed, no leaks at any fittings

*get the old lady out to the garage to help me bleed the system

*went around the car 3 times with no improvement in pedal feel

*check the back of the master cylinder thru the firewall under the dash and its leaking like a screen door in a submarine ( alignment with rod was dead nuts)

*removed, drank a little/lot......pissed and moaned

* decided to check reviews on this master cylinder and found a lot of problems with leaks

* i may take it apart and rebuild it but for now i am scrapping the wilwood master cylinder install and going to a strange engineering unit

* I hope you guys enjoy the bullet style format of this post....

* i tend to do that after several drinks

* https://www.strangeengineering.net/product/dual-master-cylinder-assem-1-0313-bore.html/

I think mine is leaking as well from the master. Been to lazy to check but its leaking between the master and the hydroboost. Can fluid even leak from the nose of the hydroboost?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"*get the old lady out to the garage to help me bleed the system" Major violation letting the old lady in your car..... Major violation.....

Did a Wilwood unit when I went Hydratech Hydroboost, brakes never better !, Used a speedway adjustable prop valve, but I am now going 4 wheel disc, Wilwood, what are my options on residual valves ?, Will re-plumb my line lock at the same time.

Want to replace the factory PS pump too, it makes noise, Turn one ???

Did a Wilwood unit when I went Hydratech Hydroboost, brakes never better !, Used a speedway adjustable prop valve, but I am now going 4 wheel disc, Wilwood, what are my options on residual valves ?, Will re-plumb my line lock at the same time.

Want to replace the factory PS pump too, it makes noise, Turn one ???

Went with Wilwood MC &wilwood adjustable proportioning valve the my Talon Hydraulics Hydro Boost.
No leaks at rear of MC , maybe I got lucky? ‍♂️ Dunno? Couldn’t be happier with the brakes on the car now. 2 lb residual valve on the fronts and 10 lb residual valve on the rear brake lines. Brakes are killer! Will frickin throw you thru the windshield at 60 mph. I shit you not! I did however install a De Rale dual pass frame rail mount cooler on my power steering system to keep temps down. It’s mounted to the lower edge of my radiator support .
Switched to a full synthetic PS fluid at the same time.

lrayzer, you can run a single 2 pound residual valve on your front brake line and then tee the line to feed both L & R brake callipers. Alternatively , if you have a proportioning valve that is running a seperate left and right front brake line, then a 2 lb residual valve place in each front line.

Attachments

• residual pressure valves.jpg
    residual pressure valves.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 41