You can type here any text you want

Which motor mount pads- GTA to a clone TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jjvites

Just bought a GTA. It's a roler set up for drag racing. Will be putting in a Buick turbo motor.Can you guys tell me if I can use the same motor mount pads as the ones for a Chevy. Are they in a different location on the frame?
The guy replaced the K member with an aftermarket one made by PA. Any info would be helpfull.

Thanks,
Marty

You should be able to just use TTA motor mounts. You can get poly mounts from www.johnsperformance.com or I think someone said you can get them from your local parts stores but good luck getting them to order the right part. Apparently they're both the same just one has a metal tab and the other doesn't. Look around there's been a couple threads recently about it here and at www.turbotransam.com

Good luck with your build and make sure to keep us updated.

72firebird said:
You should be able to just use TTA motor mounts. You can get poly mounts from www.johnsperformance.com or I think someone said you can get them from your local parts stores but good luck getting them to order the right part. Apparently they're both the same just one has a metal tab and the other doesn't. Look around there's been a couple threads recently about it here and at www.turbotransam.com

Good luck with your build and make sure to keep us updated.

Thanks, I was speaking of the metal pads that attach to the frame. The motor mounts I'll probably get from HR parts and Stuff.

Marty

On a TTA the poly mounts are not like the G-bodies (Buick Regals) it consist of upper and lower poly mount unlike the Regals which retain the lower metal mount. So if you are planning to get the poly mounts they come with the lower mount. ;)

Jicaju said:
On a TTA the poly mounts are not like the G-bodies (Buick Regals) it consist of upper and lower poly mount unlike the Regals which retain the lower metal mount. So if you are planning to get the poly mounts they come with the lower mount. ;)

Jicaju,
That's great news. I haven't called HR Parts yet but that is good to know.
You wouldn't know if they mount close to the Chevy location on the frame, as the previous owner switched to a tubular K member(PA brand). I like it and would like to keep it if possible.

Thanks,
Marty

jjvites said:
Jicaju,
That's great news. I haven't called HR Parts yet but that is good to know.
You wouldn't know if they mount close to the Chevy location on the frame, as the previous owner switched to a tubular K member(PA brand). I like it and would like to keep it if possible.

Thanks,
Marty

marty
when i put my tta motor in my gta the tta mounts were about 1.5-2" closer to the firewall..my stock k-member had the holes already drilled in it for the differnt mounts..made it easy :) you could check out a stock k-member to figure out where to mount yours...i may have a picture i will look and post it if i do
Dan

Dan,
That's a good picture. "Picture is worth a 1000 words". If it's back 1.5 inches will probably need to fabricate a plate. Thanks Dan.

Marty

jjvites said:
Thanks, I was speaking of the metal pads that attach to the frame. The motor mounts I'll probably get from HR parts and Stuff.

Marty

I understand the appeal of buying direct from a manufacturer Marty, but after fronting the $5,000.00 to finace the TT/A ploy mount project to get them to market, let alone the countless hours of mockup work invloved, I would be gratful to have a little more support from TT/A owners. It's not like there's a great deal of us out there.

This is only one TT/A item of many that have been brought to market from my efforts.

To answer your question though, there is a difference between the V-6 and V-8 pedastal towers, but as it was pointed out before, the poly mounts are a 4 piece system and include the needed pedastals to match the mount design.

John Pearcy said:
I understand the appeal of buying direct from a manufacturer Marty, but after fronting the $5,000.00 to finace the TT/A ploy mount project to get them to market, let alone the countless hours of mockup work invloved, I would be gratful to have a little more support from TT/A owners. It's not like there's a great deal of us out there.

This is only one TT/A item of many that have been brought to market from my efforts.

To answer your question though, there is a difference between the V-6 and V-8 pedastal towers, but as it was pointed out before, the poly mounts are a 4 piece system and include the needed pedastals to match the mount design.

John,
Generally I do buy from Buick vendors unless there is a problem. The reason that I said I was going to to call HR Parts was for information if I didn't get it here. I would rather hear from guys that already installed these. I appreciate the info I was given and in return I will call you for a price on these.
Honestly I wasn't aware that you were involved in these.

Thanks,
Marty

John Pearcy said:

John,
I was looking on your web site and could not find the HR poly mounts, where should I look?
Also my question was not in reference to the pedastal towers type, but where they sit on the K member as mine had been replaced with a PA brand tubular K member. It had a Chevy V8 in it and I want to know if I can reuse it with the turbo V6.

Thanks,
Marty

Back