Which Rotors?

Chris87GN

As many of you know I was asking which brake pads to get. Well I was looking at my rotors and they're looking rough too. I was thinking of some slotted rotors, but not sure. Which rotors do you guys suggest?:confused:

If you're on a budget jcwhitney.com has a set of drilled and slotted rotors for 67.95 ea.
p/n's: 07PD6936B (drivers)
07PD6937P (pass.)
They dont specifically list rotors for Regals. But these are the rotors listed for 82-92 S-10 (2WD) which I know for a fact share the same front brakes as us.

I was thinking of getting the Raybestos Brute Stop rotors and pads at about $235 for the set. Anyone with experience with them?

Thanks,
Tom

Originally posted by Chris87GN
As many of you know I was asking which brake pads to get. Well I was looking at my rotors and they're looking rough too. I was thinking of some slotted rotors, but not sure. Which rotors do you guys suggest?:confused:

ummm with 17" wheels, I'd suggest a 12" brake conversion. drilled and slotted 10.5" brakes in 17" wheels would look kind of..well...silly.

I've used the Brute Stop pads for a couple of years, and love em.
They make a fair amout of dust, but worth it for the good stopping power.They also have a lifetime guarantee, so when you wear em out, take em in for another set, free. I haven't used their rotors, but I've had good luck with the Napa drilled and slotted rotors. I think they were about $95 each.

I use Ato Specialities/ Powerstop Rotors w/ Bendix Heavy Duty pads and have been happy w/ them both. Braking has had noticable improvement. Bought rotors through Summitt and pads through local parts store

use the cross drilled powerstop rotors and ceramic brake pads. more expensive then heavey duty, but NO dust have them on my GN & 89formula 350!

I read an article last night in one of the hi-po mags and the QuietStop pads (Raybestos ceramic), BruteStop rotors and SuperStop shoes are supposed to be a "matched" combo. Apparently the matching has nothing to do with trademarked adjectives. They didn't take any measurements, but felt like a 33-50% improvement on a Suburban. I think the mags are pretty much advertiser's whooores, but at least you get the manufacturer's spin on their products.

Tom