Which route should I go

Pulll a couple of the plugs and see what they look like. If you have a mix of rich and lean you may be getting some heating in the turbo that's igniting the left over fuel.

well it seems like it only makes a pop nboise when its cold today i was playing around with the choke and now im able to let it idle by closing the choke but once iopen it rpm rises....also got it to run pretty smooth...all i need now is to join my crossover to the turbo manifold.....does anyone have a spare buick turbo crossover pipe...

You're runnig too rich. I had a feeling that was the problem. Once the choke opens you lean the fuel out and it works better. Screw the idle mix screws from closed to about 4-5 turns out. That should help cut down on the rich mix issue.

not yet its readyh to be breakin...i put in a 180 t stat and some coolant and that solved my overheating so far....i was going tobreak it in yesterday but im going to have to find some safety glasses...when i let it idle black smoke was coming out of the it and getting into my eyes making me cry..

not yet its readyh to be breakin...i put in a 180 t stat and some coolant and that solved my overheating so far....i was going tobreak it in yesterday but im going to have to find some safety glasses...when i let it idle black smoke was coming out of the it and getting into my eyes making me cry..

too rich

That's why you push it outside for the neighbors to hear. And you won't have to worry about the smoke if you sit inside and you'll be revving it 2-3k for 20 mins anyway

I think I just figured out why you're runnig so rich. How is your choke hooked up? When the choke is working the fuel is drawn fom the off idle circut and it will run rich. If you take all tention off the choke adjustment you can manually close it before you start it and then the top plate will open and until you give it gas you should be ok. Once you give it gas the off idle circut will enrich and then do the cam break in.

well im probably going to hold off the break in into i get the down pipe welded to the manifold...due to a small fire the other day. Im going to remove both manifolds after i talk to my welder then i need to find transmission cooler lines and a gas line

I got around to breaking the motor in this weekend and noticed after 15 mins of breaking the motor in my sun pro mechincal gauge stopped working...i quickly turnt the motor off...and noticed that it seems like oil got stuck or something in the plastic oil tube...i checked the oil also and it wasn't low...has anyone else ever exeperience this problem with a mechical gauge....is it best i use a electric

I got around to breaking the motor in this weekend and noticed after 15 mins of breaking the motor in my sun pro mechincal gauge stopped working...i quickly turnt the motor off...and noticed that it seems like oil got stuck or something in the plastic oil tube...i checked the oil also and it wasn't low...has anyone else ever exeperience this problem with a mechical gauge....is it best i use a electric

Take the line off the port and disconnect the power to the distributor. Then have someone else crank the engine to make sure it's getting oil, just to make sure. The oil will climb up the line until it gets to the gage. It's normal.
You may have a problem with bypass and it might just be dumping but It's probibly your gage.
Oh yea. Aj, there's some rajay rebuild parts on evil bay in the turbo section. I saw them today while surfing.:eek:

i hope its the gauge....i got scared thinking that my engine was burning a lot of oil so i addedbarely a half a quart justin case it was low...today when i was running her she let out some blue smoke then ran out of gas...bad weather suppose to be headed this way so i didnt have time to go any further...i hope that smoke is just oil my motor is burning off

i hope its the gauge....i got scared thinking that my engine was burning a lot of oil so i addedbarely a half a quart justin case it was low...today when i was running her she let out some blue smoke then ran out of gas...bad weather suppose to be headed this way so i didnt have time to go any further...i hope that smoke is just oil my motor is burning off

Maybe an overfill