Which route should I go

If that is a aluminium intake there is a bolt hold on it just in front of the carb on the intake that sucks air if it is not plugged it will not stay running.Plug all vacumm holes and check that bolt hole im talking about. Lets see a detailed pic of the setup youre trying to keep running so i can see if u missed anything

yes its the alum intake i seen the hole the other day and thought that was the prob....but it wasn't...im going to take the disb cap off and set the timing...im thinkin it should still stay running even thou i dont have the right disb...i may also have a wiring problem....when cranking it today the motor kept running when holding the key in the starting position....

welll i got it to stay running now but it still pushes small fireballs out of both exhaust...any ideas whats causes this??? also i have a gas leak right at the fuel pump...i know for sure its the line going to the carb...do they make this line...or will i have better luck using a brake line from autozone???

welll i got it to stay running now but it still pushes small fireballs out of both exhaust...any ideas whats causes this??? also i have a gas leak right at the fuel pump...i know for sure its the line going to the carb...do they make this line...or will i have better luck using a brake line from autozone???

LilSpann, do all of us a favor and give your name please.:D Fireballs means you might be running rich.:eek: As far as the fuel line you'll have to make it or use rubber hose. Did you run it long enough to break in the cam and did you disconnect the waste gate accuator?:confused: What was stopping it from runnig? As far as bending the brake line go to harbor freight and they have one that will bend line in a 180 degree bend so you won't kink it. Not very expensive either.:smile:

lol lorenzo is the name...actually i let it run for about a couple of minutes...it was getting dark and it was pretty loud when i gave it throttle it didn't do much...I have all the vacs plugged like jim said...and unplugged the waste gate...i always rechecked the fuses ...then she fired right up when i turnt the disb to the left while it was idling it made the motor start idling faster...i hope i dont **** up my cam and motor but i have no choice this project is like a trial and error ....tomorrow im going to put the down pipe on because of the fireballs (popping) and im scared something might catch fire... to mention my car is 81 grand prix i think it uses a computer and something called est might this have my car poppin fire????

What year is your setup off of? For simplicity, you should have an 81-83 setup so you can use the ecm and old distributer. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)

its a non feedback...shes been running pretty good...no knocks..just high idle...which is good since im trying to break the cam in...I let it run for about 6 minutes at a high rpm and it started to over heat...heres another problem I have the 83 intake manifold only has 1 coolant port on the intake manifold, the turbo plenum and carb is from an 80 regal and the 80 intake manifold had 2 coolant ports...the reason for this 83 intake manifold used an flexible egr tube and water isn't used however my case is my turbo plenum uses water i guess to regulate the temp of the turbo plenum...so this what i thought would work but it didn't i ran the top radior hose to the thermostat outlet...the backof the water pump to the thermostat outlet... then the intake manifold coolant port to theturbo plenum then the turbo plenum to the heater core then the heater core to the water pump port next to where the bottom radiator hose connects......

Lorenzo, Do you have a vacum gage? You may not be getting a good signal to the carb. You could use the feed back carb if you wanted to but I think you'd be better off finding an NA non feed back dist and adding the MSD stuff. Did you put the stat in or are you running without? What temp did it reach? You could use a T fitting in the heater outlet pipe to go to the plenum to cut down on some of your creative hose work.

no vaccum gauge i have all the vacs plugged...the temp maybe hit 200 sometrhin...im running without the thermostat and running straight water for right now...could u explain what u mention charlie??

heres some more pics

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 96
put a 160 thermostat in, drill a hole in it while you're at it. Break down and go buy a couple jugs of 50/50 mix antifreeze. Don't let that motor get more than 210, you overheat it once and it will be done!

Get that fricken downpipe on too;) I'd see if you can track down a feedback carb. THen you should be able to run your old distributer, use your existing ecm and harness. It would all be plug and play.

heres some more pics

That steel line to the turbo looks a lot better Lorenzo. Simlpy put the non feedback carb has a power valve in it that moves up or down depending on the signal the engine gives it. when you have a low signal you get more fuel, when you have a high signal you get low fuel. You need a thermostat or at least some sort of restriction in the outlet to slow the water down some or it won't cool the engine. This is a common mistake. If the water doesn't have enough time to cool in the radiator it can become hot way to fast. Put a 160 degree in it or use an old thermo and cut the center out for a restrictor. You can buy a T fitting for the heater hose and branch one to the plenum at the front then put another T in it at the one going back to the water pump from the back of the plenum. that might help some of your hose issues. You might even find it in brass.

damn motor is making a grindin noise when trying to crank....project is closed for right now...i have a whole complete setup for sale...someone make an offer

damn motor is making a grindin noise when trying to crank....project is closed for right now...i have a whole complete setup for sale...someone make an offer

Now stop that Lorenzo. Use a rachet and socket to turn the engine over and see if you feel it grind. It may not be the engine itself, it could be something with the flywheel or tranny. Check it out before you condem it.

i dont think its locked i turnt it half way b4 it start raining ill see tomorrow...its probably the trans i didnt have the cooler lines hooked up but i thought it wouldn't burn as long as i didnt drive it