Which route should I go

...I know that my car had the 2bbl carb and it had plugs on the carb for wiring..but the carb now is a 80 and it doesn't have any plugs just the choke heater...

1981 used an ECM, but 1980 didn't. You shouldn't having to wiring anything for the carb.

well today i mounted the turbo today...but i broke the vac line closes to where the turbo mounts to the intake...because i had to bend the line so it wouldn't hit the screw which I used to cap the egr tube (or the tube that warms the plenum) is this port required...or can i just cap it off too?

well im getting ready to drop the motor in I was wondering would i mess up my motor mounts if i drop the motor in without the transmission connected...and as for as a msd which model do I need???

well i finally got my hands on the right exhaust manifold and the up and down pipe however but crossover pipe coming from the left exhaust manifold will not fit the right exhaust manifold..the inlet on the right manifold is smaller than the crossover...what should i do

driver side manifold is smaller than the crossover pipe opening?If that is the case just use a na driver side manifold it has a larger opening.

nope the driver side manifold and the crossover pipe looks maybe like 3" the passenger exhaust manifold where the crossover connects to seems maybe like 1.5 or 2"

let me try to make describe my problem clear...im using a 81 n/a driver side exhaust manifold and n/a crossover pipe however the passenger exhaust turbo manifold where the crossover pipe connects to it..is too small....will i have to get the crossover pipe welded to the turbo exhaust manifold...or will i need the driver side manifold and crossover pipe from a 83, or can i make a adapter so the small turbo exhaust manifold can connect to the larger crossover pipe

I'd make an adapter. The larger size of the crossover will give a good balance for the turbo. Get a small (3-4") piece and make a flange with it and have it welded to the crossover.

exhaustPS1.JPG

the exhaust manifold im using is the 2nd in the picture anybody got an idea what size it is

not really ive had the project on pause my mother passed about 4 weeks ago...i still dont see how in the hell im going to get my n/a cross over to work with the turbo manifold...besides that im ready to drop the motor in

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that everything works out for sure. If I think of a way I'll post it for you.

cut the na larger hole off the pipe,then get a smaller outlet made to that manifold and get it welded on the the pipe

well i finally got around to dropping the motor back in and wiring it up....also my damn starter went out it was working before

Today I put the starter back in and i almost got the motor to fire up...when i poured gas in the carb it would run maybe for about 3 secs...also there was gas leaking from the top carb gasket...im thinking the reason this happened is because the screws i used were too long.....has anyone ever plugged or blocked the egr port thats made into the turbo plenum???? I also have some pics but they wont show up im trying to host them with geocities

the egr pot im talking about is on the 78 - 80 one end of the egr hooks to the back of turbo plenu and the other side of the egr hooks to the intake manifold....since im using the 83 intake manifold the egr was ran by the flexible pipe...i removed this and capped it...what should i do