Which route should I go

cs1112r Is a melling cam that I've been looking at. A little ore than factory but not radicle enough to screw up your idle. Max exhaust lift is .448 so it should fit without to much problems.

oh i thought the cam couldn't have a lift over .420???

i see a cam for 69.00 Buick V6 Even Fire Cam .424"/.448 can i keep my heads stock if i use this?

np Im going to use that cam too. It should be here sometime next week...i hope i can get this thing running without it knocking on the first start..

I thought it might be a good choice for your project. :biggrin: Make sure to read the thread on timing cover oiling mods. It's in the engine section. What timing set are you planning on? The cam you're getting has a 4 degree advance buildt in so don't advance it. Either run it straight up or retard it 2 degrees for a little better top end.

I was going to time it with a light ill make sure i dont advance it..Im going to try to see if i can find the timing cover oiling mods..Im trying to find a hi vol oil pump kit around locally but all the stores have to order it..

LOL I think you're new to doing an engine. Not the distributor but advance or retard the cam in relation to the position of the crank and pistons. Advancing the valve timing will give you more bottom end and retarding it will give you more top end. They retard (grind) the cam 4 degrees advanced to improve emissions and bottom end performance.

Don't laugh too hard he's still learning:wink: Now u wanna hear something funny? I couldn't figure out why there were 2 different numbers for the problem solver bushings and asked about it on the board. Turns out there's 2 different ones. One for lowers, one for uppers-DUMBASS;) Learn to READ!

update: I got around to install the cam yesterday...but i have a few questions I was wanting to know does our motors use a cam thrust plate or a cam button?????

update:...... I was wanting to know does our motors use a cam thrust plate or a cam button?????

I don't remember the OEM configuration but I used the cam button on mine. Without it you stand a good chance of wearing right through the timing chain cover over a period of time.

update....got everything back together except the flywheel starter,wires and plugs..I plan on testing the motor before dropping it back in. How would i wire up my motor so i can run it without putting it in the car....and say once i get it it in should I worry about wiring...I know that my car had the 2bbl carb and it had plugs on the carb for wiring..but the carb now is a 80 and it doesn't have any plugs just the choke heater...

What ever you do don't run it on an engine stand that mounts on the back. The engine rotation will cause it to spin. You need a side mounted stand to fire it off.