You can type here any text you want

Which sparkplugs do you prefer?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nolanator

@none_more_black
I'm running NGK UR5 plugs. They are the ones that came in the car when I bought it. I was just wondering what opinions you all have on these and other plugs and if you gap them to a certain spec or put yours in straight out of the box.

My mod list is in my sig, and my car runs on 91 octane.

With your build, that NGK plug will be fine with a gap .o32-.035".

I only use NGK plugs for street or strip turbo cars as I have had various issues with other name brands as most are now made off-shore, and their quality has suffered lately.

NGK YR5. They are the same as the UR5's but are recessed tipped plugs. In my opinion I think they are a better choice then projected tip plugs on turbo and nitrous applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gentleman, as well as many others on here, have a wealth of information. Thank you.

I was just wondering what opinions you all have on these and other plugs and if you gap them to a certain spec or put yours in straight out of the box.
nothing wrong with an ac delco or autolite plug,i have run them all.i would recommend gapping them down.

I also use NGK UR5s and love them - no issues so far…. over 15 years of use

aaron

Last edited:
I use NGK's and Autolite 23's ..never any problems w/20-24psi on average.

well Im that old school old guy.

For years I have run the AC delco CR42TS or CR43TS. After over a decade and a half they still seem to be getting the job done with no issues. I gap them at a tight 32.

I have heard nothing but good about the NGK's but as long as the ac's are working ill probably still keep using them.

I have run Autolite,NGK, and AC Delco on my current car. I find the AC Delco plugs have quality issues more than any other.

Back