You can type here any text you want

which wire from maf to power map

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sackracing

Staff member
I once knew but i forgot, i am installing fast system and i need to send power to map sensor, i was told to use power from maf plug, which wire on maf plug do i use and which wire on map plug do i splice into?
thanks,
steve

Middle pin of the maf, connects to the middle pin of the MAP sensor :)

I prefer to run a jumper wire behind the dash. Just jumper the MAF signal(B6, I think) to the light green wire (pin A) in the dash connector. The dash connector is connector C437 and is the clear connector wrapped in foam behind the glove box. If the car has a digital dash, you will also need to jumper the 5 volt ref (C14) and the ground (A12) to the dash connector (Pins B & M respectively).

thanks. I will try to figure out the behind the dash wiring.
Can't get it to start anyway. I believe it is not getting spark. I just installed a used unit on it and dumped in a program from someone else's car. Could the timing be so far off between actual and what the program shows that it won't start? I am not really sure what the hell i'm doing.

If it isn't getting spark, you need to verify you are seeing rpm on the FAST box. Cranking spark is based on the crank & cam sensors along with the ignition module.

i'm seeing cranking rpm, about 295. the run mode was set for 400, i bumped it down to 275 and it would start and run for about 5 seconds and stop but just once every now and then. the engine rev was set for 12 and it doesn't seem to be getting to it. it rolls over about 5 or 6. when it does start and run for 5 seconds, it won't do it again for about 5 minutes.

There's your problem. Should be around 100. Check your wiring and verify you have a good ground and 5 volts at the MAP sensor.

I'll get that straightened out, thanks alot for your help.
steve

Back