White smoke all of the sudden??

turbopat

I drove the car home from work today with normal driving absolutely no getting on it st all... ( I know white smoke can mean head gaskets). I’ve only recently gotten the car going again after a many year hibernation.. anyway the car was stumbling at idle this whole time and I’ve always thought it was injectors... I had some 60lbrs that I bought so I thought I’d throw them in... I did that in hopes the idle would get smoother... while doing this I did plug wires and changed the plenum for one off my shelf that looked better... ( it does have the square milled off inside) is that ok?? I dunno.. was I supposed to change the chip to accommodate the new injectors??? I wouldn’t think so since I’m not using 60lbs at all? I’m lost.. now the car is running like trash and constantly dying... and it is just puffing out smoke... halp!!!! Oh, I did find that the egr was trash! Like falling apart trash... I put the block off plate after trying another one and thinking it was bad??

Attachments

• 0F8AE4AB-1B07-466F-82FE-F34C1F545D3C.jpeg
    0F8AE4AB-1B07-466F-82FE-F34C1F545D3C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 8DC8E096-C8ED-408B-B3D5-EE9B87680915.jpeg
    8DC8E096-C8ED-408B-B3D5-EE9B87680915.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
60# injectors hooked to a chip that's expecting 60's will make the car run like crap (if it starts at all).

You should be seeing black smoke though, not white.

( it does have the square milled off inside) is that ok?? I dunno.. was I supposed to change the chip to accommodate the new injectors??? I wouldn’t think so since I’m not using 60lbs at all?

I know you didn't "Ask Chuck", but I'll add my $.02, anyway.;)
1. The milled off plenum can be leaking at the ft edge. A common vac leak source.
2. For each injector flow rate, the chip HAS to match. As mentioned, DO NOT drive the car until you do this.
3. The smoke could be white, if you are throwing enough fuel in, that it's just passing thru, and not burning. [Black smoke, that Earl mentioned.]
4. By now, you have likely pooched the O2 sensor, plugs will be suspect, and the oil contaminated.

First take off the radiator cap and see if you lost coolant. Then remove all the spark plugs (while keeping them in order).

Do a leak down test that will tell you’ve a lot . If it’s a head gasket, valve stem seal ect