Who did I piss off?

Sorry to hear. May have been the WRX driver you dusted on the way to the show. Hopefully the parts are still in good shape so you get it back together soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who did I piss off?

Maybe an ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend?

Many of those Beta-Males are highly insecure & vindictive.

Good luck on the repairs.

I'm just curious to what led you to taking off the oil pan? Did you pop off valve covers first and see junk in there?

I'm just curious to what led you to taking off the oil pan? Did you pop off valve covers first and see junk in there?
Great question.
Actually, upper end was clean and no sign of residue. That's the surprising part and my final synopsis of the coke/drink vs pure sugar. Oil on dipstick looked OK and looking at the oil on the dipstick, one would have never known. Oil pan gasket needed replacement and changing oil would have given that away as wel. Looked caramel in color.

20170409_161440.jpg

Great question.
Actually, upper end was clean and no sign of residue. That's the surprising part and my final synopsis of the coke/drink vs pure sugar. Oil on dipstick looked OK and looking at the oil on the dipstick, one would have never known. Oil pan gasket needed replacement and changing oil would have given that away as wel. Looked caramel in color.

View attachment 301713

what kind of antifreeze do you use in that car ?

That's just wild man. I don't think it would be a Coke. The carbonation would probably have made it look like milkshake. Anything with water would have made a shake in there I would think. Someone was eating pancakes and had a bright idea.

Get some oil and pour Coke in a cup with it, get another test cup and put syrup or something in it. See what happens? Seriously effed up.

That's just wild man. I don't think it would be a Coke. The carbonation would probably have made it look like milkshake. Anything with water would have made a shake in there I would think. Someone was eating pancakes and had a bright idea.

Get some oil and pour Coke in a cup with it, get another test cup and put syrup or something in it. See what happens? Seriously effed up.

Milkshake is my analogy too! When we were kids we rode dirt bikes and three wheelers and submerging them in mud and water was not uncommon. And inevitably after a little deep water fun the oil in the bikes would look like chocolate milk shake. As it would mix up real good from all of the internal components churning and the like.

So a Coke is almost impossible given the amount of pure sugar that you have. Plus how would it go back to crystal form like that? As that's a whole new puzzle to solve (if the Coke theory were in fact true).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Pronto mentioned this happened to another member here a couple years ago, pretty sure his insurance covered if I remember right, maybe he'll see this and offer some advice @Undercover87T
Yep, that was me. Similar scenario, back in 2014. Here's the thread with pics: http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/sand-in-my-motor.412424/#post-3407878. Had attended a few local shows, where usually the hood is open for display and I wasn't always with the car. Then I took the car to have an alky kit installed and dyno tuned then drove 100 miles to Kirbans open house. On the drive home in traffic I lost oil pressure, had AAA tow me home then trailered the car back to Anderson's. He pulled the value covers and found what looked like sand in the passenger side head. Motor was torn down and found a layer in the pan, piston skirts torn up, bearings scorched, valve guides destroyed, basically everything toast. It was apparent that someone had pulled the passenger side breather off the valve cover and dumped probably a solo cup worth or more of sand in, which was confirmed by oil analysis. Got a police report and got insurance involved. After them looking at the parts and car they cut a check to replace the motor and turbo which was put towards rebuilding it into the 274ci version that's in the car today (which has fittings, braided hoses, and a catch can instead of breathers). Never did find out who might have done it and glad I didn't otherwise I would be in jail. I'm a pretty mellow guy and don't have any ex's or anyone else I know of that I would have done something to deserve that.

To me that damage looks like sugar. If you have full coverage on your car (which you should) get a police report and contact the insurance company. If you can prove it was a malicious act they may cover the rebuild.

It is sad that happened to Jerryl but to me it's sad when it happens to anybody. Nice guy or jerk, the car engine doesn't deserve that. I agree with 1952ray a baseball bat isn't enough. .30-.06 to the genitals, for starters. I have no use for anyone who messes with someone's car. I don't care if it's something like this or even scratching the paint you just don't mess with another man's car! By the way 1952ray , you might be old but I'm older.

I'd still like to know how and when it was done. It's hard enough pouring oil in that little VC hole without a funnel, nearly impossible not to make a mess. Now try pouring sugar in that little hole without getting it everywhere. It's not adding up. We had a lot of interest in that end of the parking lot, alot. It would be nearly impossible to pull that off without someone taking notice and a very dangerous concequences if gotten caught. Plus there would have to be some traces of sugar on the ground. I pray that it's not someone that close to Jerryl. That would be devastating.

The more I look, the more it looks like honey. I just threw away an old bottle of honey that clumped and looked like sugar. Maybe someone sick returned a bottle of oil at the auto parts store filled with oil or syrup. This thread sucks! I would be furious

Someone near Jerryl lend him a good torque wrench for the mains and rods. I don't know Jerryl personally, but he's top shelf in my books from his posts here on the boards.

Yep, that was me. Similar scenario, back in 2014. Here's the thread with pics: http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/sand-in-my-motor.412424/#post-3407878. Had attended a few local shows, where usually the hood is open for display and I wasn't always with the car. Then I took the car to have an alky kit installed and dyno tuned then drove 100 miles to Kirbans open house. On the drive home in traffic I lost oil pressure, had AAA tow me home then trailered the car back to Anderson's. He pulled the value covers and found what looked like sand in the passenger side head. Motor was torn down and found a layer in the pan, piston skirts torn up, bearings scorched, valve guides destroyed, basically everything toast. It was apparent that someone had pulled the passenger side breather off the valve cover and dumped probably a solo cup worth or more of sand in, which was confirmed by oil analysis. Got a police report and got insurance involved. After them looking at the parts and car they cut a check to replace the motor and turbo which was put towards rebuilding it into the 274ci version that's in the car today (which has fittings, braided hoses, and a catch can instead of breathers). Never did find out who might have done it and glad I didn't otherwise I would be in jail. I'm a pretty mellow guy and don't have any ex's or anyone else I know of that I would have done something to deserve that.

To me that damage looks like sugar. If you have full coverage on your car (which you should) get a police report and contact the insurance company. If you can prove it was a malicious act they may cover the rebuild.

What insurance company you had/have?

The more I look, the more it looks like honey. I just threw away an old bottle of honey that clumped and looked like sugar. Maybe someone sick returned a bottle of oil at the auto parts store filled with oil or syrup. This thread sucks! I would be furious
I thought of this. I once got a quart that had used oil in it.