You can type here any text you want

who has rebuilt their front end?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I didn't used a spring compressor. Just lowered the lower control arm with a jack and helped it out with a 2X4. I used grease remover on them and sprayed it off with my pressure washer. Not as good as sandblasting them but they came out pretty clean. I put POR 15 on them. Hoping to reinstall everything today, included Kirban's shield for the upper pass. side bushing. I just used Moog bushings, tie rods, center link, etc.

I just ordered springs and I am sure when the dust settles I will be rebuilding the front end. Does anyone know the torque settings for the upper and lower control arm nuts.
Thanks
Jeff

I just ordered springs and I am sure when the dust settles I will be rebuilding the front end. Does anyone know the torque settings for the upper and lower control arm nuts.
Thanks
Jeff

Upper control arm bushing 45 ft lbs
Lower control arm bushing 65 ft. lbs

I got my front end put together. New Moog springs bring height to 26.5 inches. However, now the Kirban wheels rub the inner wheel wells real bad when i just turn into my driveway. Does this mean the alignment is way off? It never used to do this. Thanks.

You put the shims back in, right? It might be slightly out of alignment due to the height difference, probably not enough to make the tire rub though. Maybe it's too low?

All shims are in except for one that fell out on the other side. The height is 26.5 inches which is about the stock height. I'll see if I can take it to the alignment shop today and see what he says.

Back