Who makes S2 TT headers besides ATR?

I have a nice set i may sell, i have mixed feelings on this car stuff at the moment and may get out of it.
Make me an offer and if its good enough i think i will let them go.
They came off a running stage 2 twin turbo car and are set up for racegates.........very nice solid headers,raced and proven to work/fit/not crack etc.

Thanks,

Mike.

Precision Turbo made a set for a while.
Not sure if they still do or not.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Precision Turbo made a set for a while.
Not sure if they still do or not.

PTE used to have their headers made by EWS Thunder (Earl) I am pretty sure he doesnt build headers anymore and PTE does not carry them but they might have some, it would be worth a call.
(approx $2500)

Tom Dawson of Dawson racing headers makes them in Cali, he used to work for Hooker, only has them in mild steel but they are really nice.
(approx $1500)

Kooks Headers makes them in stainless but they are pretty high rent...
(over $3k)

ATR is the best bang for the buck, high quality, I wouldnt use their brackets or belt setup but the headers are sweet.

I have used all 4 of the above, PTE fit the best, followed by Kooks, and you still cant beat ATR for the money or quality, Dawsons are prone to cracking

Originally posted by EightSecV6
PTE used to have their headers made by EWS Thunder (Earl) I am pretty sure he doesnt build headers anymore and PTE does not carry them but they might have some, it would be worth a call.
(approx $2500)

Tom Dawson of Dawson racing headers makes them in Cali, he used to work for Hooker, only has them in mild steel but they are really nice.
(approx $1500)

Kooks Headers makes them in stainless but they are pretty high rent...
(over $3k)

ATR is the best bang for the buck, high quality, I wouldnt use their brackets or belt setup but the headers are sweet.

I have used all 4 of the above, PTE fit the best, followed by Kooks, and you still cant beat ATR for the money or quality, Dawsons are prone to cracking

Thanks for the info.

headers

burhead raceing made mine. he is down in kentucky. he is making a set for dave ficus at this time, i had atr headers on another stage car the passenger side was not easy to get to the plugs, other than that they were ok, just my opinion, oc,

Hey OC on the TT headers, the plugs shouldnt be an issue, now the singles which is what I ASSume you are talking about are another story!!!!

Re: headers

Originally posted by odell4o8
burhead racing made mine. he is down in kentucky. ...................................., oc,

Good luck with him.:(

Been waiting for 2 years for a set that he owes me. Of course they were paid in full, and I am not going into those hills to collect.:rolleyes:

Hope Dave has his in time for BG.:)

He took over a year to finish my friend's set of stage 2 singles.
They did not fit the first time so they went back.
I think he is having health problems as well.
His work looks pretty good though!

on single turbo headers------ i know atr's are a tight fit as far as getting to the spark plugs. and some mounting bolts. could the pass. side be extended on the tube's from the flange? bring them out an inch or so? would it be worth it? if you have a car with no a/c and lots of room. it seems like going twin turbo is way easier to find parts for. len

headers

bill, the atr headers were for single turbo, sorry nick about your loss, some hillbillys dont get in a hurry, i was born a few miles south of old burhead he seemed like a nice guy on the phone, i bought dave ficus old headers and i didnt like the passenger side and i wanted to change it a little so i took it to a mustang racers shop he changed it like i wanted and i really paid for it, dave took his car to him with his new turbo and burhead is making the headers and putting them on his car it should be ready next weekend, good luck :) oc,

Originally posted by LV GN
on single turbo headers------ i know atr's are a tight fit as far as getting to the spark plugs. and some mounting bolts. could the pass. side be extended on the tube's from the flange? bring them out an inch or so? would it be worth it? if you have a car with no a/c and lots of room. it seems like going twin turbo is way easier to find parts for. len

That is how we modify them now, they wont work with A/C like that but USUALLY that is not an issue with S2 heads. 1" works well, cut them off right at the flange, remove and relocate the support bracket on the front

Originally posted by EightSecV6
That is how we modify them now, they wont work with A/C like that but USUALLY that is not an issue with S2 heads. 1" works well, cut them off right at the flange, remove and relocate the support bracket on the front
thanks bill. does this affect down pipe or crossover much?

It would be nice if someone would drop are car off to Pro Turbo Kits in Texas. They would make a jig and give us another option.

Originally posted by John Wilde
It would be nice if someone would drop are car off to Pro Turbo Kits in Texas. They would make a jig and give us another option.

If somebody is seriously interested in what John suggested here is PTK's contact info:

Pro Turbo Kits
6630 Topper Run #7
San Antonio, TX 78233
Phone: (210)657-2706
Fax: (210)599-4507
M-F 8am-4pm CST

and website.....

http://www.proturbokits.com

Or this guy,

Barnes Performance
1218 R Simmons Street
Bessemer,AL
205-428-3857

www.barnesperformance.com

Hes had several cars in magazines and is the best fabricator that I know.Work is better than PTK's IMO.

Heres a pic of his TT 96 TA,
IMG_0072.jpg

Thats twin 64's with all the accesories.And it fits under a stock hood.

I dont have a TT Stage project so someone else is going to have to drop off there car:D