You can type here any text you want

Who Makes Wilwood's Aluminum Master Cylinder?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Going to put Baer brakes on my GN and want a neat shiny master cylinder for my hydroboost. Who makes Wilwood's master cylinder??
Conrad

wildwood to the best of my knowledge, we are a dealer and sell lots, they are a good unit and look good also.

Do they make a 4-wheel disc unit for hydraboost?
Conrad

i don't think the master cylinder has to do with whether its compatible with four wheel discs or rear drums. It's the prop valve that's different between cars with rear discs and rear drums.

That certainly makes sense!

So, anyone know if Wildwood makes a hydraboost compatible master cylinder?
Conrad

the master does bolt on to the hydro boost if I am not mistaken, if you go to wilwoods site and search the part number 260-8555 I think it will show the mounting dimensions and then you can compare them to your unit. you will need a big bore master other wise the brakes will be way to touchy 1 1/8 I would guess

So I guess the statement in my last post "we are a dealer and sell lots" was taken by someone as ADVERTISING, and to date I have not sent in the cheque.
It was not meant as an advertisement just validation that I am not some joker spouting off who doesn't know anything.
Selling 1 master cylinder is not why I come here. I happen to like the forum I actually own a GN, and yes we build and sell parts for them.
I look forward to paying to sponsor this site and have all the members support our effort to bring high quality performance parts you the enthusiast. till then. Enjoy

So I guess the statement in my last post "we are a dealer and sell lots" was taken by someone as ADVERTISING, and to date I have not sent in the cheque.
It was not meant as an advertisement just validation that I am not some joker spouting off who doesn't know anything.
Selling 1 master cylinder is not why I come here. I happen to like the forum I actually own a GN, and yes we build and sell parts for them.
I look forward to paying to sponsor this site and have all the members support our effort to bring high quality performance parts you the enthusiast. till then. Enjoy

So I guess you didnt do what I asked you to so I guess Im banning you. Adios

I have a manual brake set up, no Hydro-boost, with Wilwood discs in the rear.

Used a master cylinder off an 81 Dodge D50 truck (1 1/8 bore)....cost $50 new w/ warranty.

You will have to drill out the holes a bit so it fits the original holes on the firewall.

Different forums stated that the Wilwood master cylinder is the same as this one, for a fraction of the $$$.

Car stops on a dime FWIW with his MC....hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help.
Conrad

Back