Who owns GNX 547

I believe the car was sold at Massie Buick in White Oak, PA. They are no longer in business. I never saw the car but have met the original owner. It was sold by by mistake, as Buick was not supposed to let it leave ASC. Original owner was offered all his money back for ther car plus a new Reatta. He was very smart and turned them down.

I didn't know he sold it and am surprised he did. :eek:

The dealer ship was North Side Buick in Pittsburgh.

kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning why they just didn't crank out another one (548) probably by the time they realized their in house "goof" ASC had wrapped up the project and moved on to other ventures.

I do know they had at least 12-13 extra real GNX turbos around...reaso I know this is because I bought them from a Mustang supplier that would buy leftover ASC items. He called me since we make Mustang parts and because he knew I was into Turbo Buicks.

I told this story before but any rate I did buy them sold them over the years...

as they say the rest is "history"

denniskirban@yahoo.com

the last gnx, does that mean it will rust last. what a waste

I think it's pretty safe bet this particular GNX 547 has had extremely good storage conditions since it was purchased originally.

Having bought many low mileage stored GNs & T etc I see your point....just one northern winter can play havoc under the underside of these cars.

A heated winter environment is a must.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I remember buying a low mileage GN that sat in a single bay showroom. Along all the walls the owner had an expensive collection of model trains. The GN I was getting was not his but stored for the owner. I was not even permitted to start the car in that showroom as the fumes/dust particals etc would be harmful to his trains.

As for care I have seen the best of care and the worst of care in storage over long periods of time.

These cars did not get the best attention to rust prevention on the underside that is for sure. You would be amazed at what some owners do.

Sorry if I got sidetracked from the original topic.

Denis I know what you mean, went and looked at a 4,200 mile 87 T supoose to be "great" it was 100% original down to the tires..... that were sunken in dirt car was parked in a hedge row behind a garage with a heavy tarp over it .. (can you say water trap) worst condition I have ever seen a buick in. very sad it was nothing but a parts car at that point and I passed on it for 3k

547 is the one Buick I can say should be in a collection... as for the rest DRIVE THEM !!!!!!!

I think it's pretty safe bet this particular GNX 547 has had extremely good storage conditions since it was purchased originally.

Having bought many low mileage stored GNs & T etc I see your point....just one northern winter can play havoc under the underside of these cars.

A heated winter environment is a must.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I remember buying a low mileage GN that sat in a single bay showroom. Along all the walls the owner had an expensive collection of model trains. The GN I was getting was not his but stored for the owner. I was not even permitted to start the car in that showroom as the fumes/dust particals etc would be harmful to his trains.

As for care I have seen the best of care and the worst of care in storage over long periods of time.

These cars did not get the best attention to rust prevention on the underside that is for sure. You would be amazed at what some owners do.

Sorry if I got sidetracked from the original topic.

Don't store em' like this guy...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/306289-your-thoughts-diamond-ruff.html

I was at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ this weekend at the annual Hemmings Motor News sponsored "Musclepalooza" event and GNX #547 was there in the car show. It's still in brand new condition with only 66 miles on the odometer...My son noticed the car had a Pennsylvania license plate...Here are a few pictures my son took of the car...

Claude. :wink:

Here are two pictures showing the ASC window sticker for GNX #547 and also an "Additional equipement added by dealer" sticker :rolleyes:...

Claude. :wink:

Hey Claude, it was great to meet you on Sunday at the show. The funny thing is I took those same exact pictures as you did.

It was lucky that you got those shots because the the owner left shortly after that. The GNX was sandwiched between two other awesome Buicks.... a '71 Lime Mist GSX (455, 4 speed) and a '70 Saturn Yellow GSX (Stage 1, 4 speed) which by the way placed 1st and 2nd respectively for the "Best Buick" trophy. All three cars in a row were stunning pieces of Buick Muscle history!

Don't be fooled by the PA license plate. It doesn't live too far from E-Town.:cool:

WOW, Really.....

Thanks guy's, You just made my night. Couldn't sleep. Now I'm glad I stopped by. What a beautiful car. Oh and one of a kind. There will never be another 547.

Bump again...i know the owner is in new jersey. Just want to see if the owner wants 547/547 james ibusuki "ten years after" also I do have the certificate of authenticity. Someone pm the owner maybe? Or the them at bowling green? Thanks

bjspics021.jpg