Who owns GNX 547

Original owner was from small town outside Pittsburgh. Seen it many times. I believe he sold it a couple years ago for big $$$$

Oh yea, it's #001 owned by Buick. Suprised GM has not tried to buy back the last to go with the first.

Probably worth couple hundred G's.

The original owner told me he was offered $200k at the Nationals in the mid to late 90's. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when he took me into his garage and showed it to me. Another friend of his, owner of"Jays GN" posted pics of the car a few times on here. Owner always wanted to remain anonymous.

Buick Division snapped up #001 and #500. They got #500 (Sloan Museum Car) thinking that it was going to be the last one. A few more were built to satisfy some Buick dealers that didn't get one and wound up with 547 in all.

When Buick corporate found out that #547 went to a customer they tried to persuade the owner with a brand new Reatta.:eek:

Here is a link to pictures of GNX 547: GNX Pics

Here is a more recent picture of the car:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 3,031
547 location

547 is sleeping in private collection in n.j what are you trying to get rid of d.j? i have the original pa inspection sticker in my collection scraped from windshield before placing on carrier when sold few years back i may still have contact info for gentelman who purchased he dont want bothered. he will pm you he moniters this board quite often:cool:

547 is sleeping in private collection in n.j what are you trying to get rid of d.j? i have the original pa inspection sticker in my collection scraped from windshield before placing on carrier when sold few years back i may still have contact info for gentelman who purchased he dont want bothered. he will pm you he moniters this board quite often:cool:

I figured he wouldnt want to be bothered,but if ya know his name here can you pm him to check this thread please THANKS

Original owner was from small town outside Pittsburgh. Seen it many times. I believe he sold it a couple years ago for big $$$$

The former owner owned Mosside Specialty Cars outside of Pittsburgh not sure of his name though but he was very familiar with TR's.

Meant to ask,is this Joe?

Meant to ask,is this Joe?

kirban 2 cents worth

GNX 547 due to a screw up on GM part did get sold privately and as stated above is currently under wraps in NJ. Prior to that it has had just one other owner. It has only been shown at 2 car shows both of them our Reunion events. The last time was in the fall of 2007 at my 60th birthday bash when we had 10-11 real GNXs in a row.

The full story about this GNX 547 is told on the DVD we made of that event. Going by memory I believe the actual miles is under 70 real miles.

As to its value? Its pretty safe to assume for one being owned privately this is the one worth all the marbles......

Obviousily the first owner was quite fortunate, and was "smart" enough to not sell it back to GM once GM realized 547 was the last one built.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I believe the car was sold at Massie Buick in White Oak, PA. They are no longer in business. I never saw the car but have met the original owner. It was sold by by mistake, as Buick was not supposed to let it leave ASC. Original owner was offered all his money back for ther car plus a new Reatta. He was very smart and turned them down.

I didn't know he sold it and am surprised he did. :eek: