Who says buicks cant go from a roll

wiked87gn

Banned
last night on the way home from the track in irwindale, this build green 68 camaro that was at the track,got next to me on the 605 freeeway , i was running 114 in the tank left over from the track and 23psi, so we both slow down to about 60mph and let him make the move as soon as i heard his motor go WOT i do the dame i immediately pull 2 cars on him and kept pulling once i saw i had a good 3 cars on him i let off, he come up and wants to do it again, we go again this time from a 50mph roll and get the same results, the guy was kinda cool, came up again and gave me the thumbs up and went his way, i dont remember what i saw him run at the track but it was in the low 8's.

Buicks from a roll

Years ago the stock Buicks were branded slow from a roll. Well yes there were. :D

I have seen plenty of TRs including mine that do really well from a roll. I don't want the rest of the people to know the real truth about modded TRs. Let them keep thinking they got us from a roll.... and let the beatings begin ;)

Hey wicked,
i almost went to Irwindale last night too, its only a few miles away, (im off right off the 605), looks like i should have went. maybe next time ill see you there.

Myths...lol

Had once posted a kill about getting challenged by a NOS mustang with "no tires" under the title "Mustang locals choose their champion" was a good race...Then again the TR DID leave 2 tire marks at every WOT punch at 70MPH!!! hows THAT for a roll??? just thougt I'd share.

Actually what made me get a Gn was when I was a young fool I was in a T/A and picked a race with a Gn. I wanted to know what everyone was talking about. Traffic came up and I zipped through. I thought what a piece of crap. When traffic opened up all I heard was a whistle passing me by at will. We did this three times. Don't know if it was a worked Gn but each time traffic came he had to make up at least 5 car lenghts.:eek:

Lots of GN guys I know like to "go" from a roll 'cause if you have any lag or traction issues they pretty much are nill from a roll.

ADAM

I must be doing something wrong...I have a 12.0 second 114 mph, 1/4 mile GN (87). The two times I have been challenged at 55+ mph, rolling along a highway, I get a slight jump after the turbo kicks in, but get spanked when we approach / pass 100 + mph...
Once was a turbo Supra, Once was a Trans Am that had the aftermarket package for high performance..

I would rather take anyone on from a stand still or 15mph roll than try and kick it in the ass at 55-60 mph.. My car has nothing upstairs and thought that was true of most of the GN's with the standard goodies.. My motor is unopened, but has all the bolt on's and I run on 110 leaded, 22 -24#'s at WOT...

:confused:

Of course the other problem in Pennsylvania is finding a straight road...I run out of road all the time...Then the real fun begins with these brakes...:eek:

Hey jdodman,

If you're going to race somebody from a roll, make sure you put the tranny in D (not overdrive). Hold it in D until about 115 to 120mph. If you leave the tranny in overdrive, it will upshift into 4th way early (like 85mph), and your car will fall on it's face. At least that's what mine does.

Just a thought...

there is just nothing cooler than stabbin it from a 50 roll and leavin 2 blackies behind. makes the other guy say "oh $h!t"

When I had a LT70 on the car I would pull people on the freeway like they were standing still. The car was running 93-94ish out at irwindale at 19psi with a mix of 110/91 octane. Thoes were some fun drives home.

Using third may help your E.T.'s a little. However, your MPH will definitely see a benefit.

For reference, my car does about 116mph in the quarter in third gear. On 26" slicks, I hit about 5,200rpm in third gear at the stripe. If I lock the converter, then that drops by about 200-300rpm.

Most people that I know keep their car in third when running the quarter. When their car goes fast enough to redline in third, they switch to a 28" tire :cool:

Thanks alot. I was trying to figure out why my car was dogging out towards the end of the track. Thought it was too much alky. But this would definatly be another factor.

Nick

'Stable' is not the word I would use to describe the way my GN handles, at 120 + mph....

These cars are great, as long as you do not have to stop or turn in a hurry. Cars that do well in the handling department, at 120 and up, usually come from Germany and are tested on the beautiful highways they have, with no speed limits....

beside loss of great looks what other differance can I expect when I go from a 300zx to a GN or G-body...how is the reliabilty?