Who says buicks cant go from a roll

Originally posted by The Don
beside loss of great looks what other differance can I expect when I go from a 300zx to a GN or G-body...how is the reliabilty?

besides loss of great looks? are you kidding me?

At least when you drive down the street people will notice your car and not yawn.

Also, LOTS cheaper to repair - what would a new pair of shocks (or whatever they have) cost for the Z?

You can carry 4 other people too.

15" tires are a LOT cheaper.

Terry

Originally posted by tlturbo
At least when you drive down the street people will notice your car and not yawn.

Yes.. Like "Hey man isn't that a Monte Carlo SS" LOL...:D

My bro has a 91 300ZX T-Top and that is a blast to drive. But the Buick is hands down faster, cheaper performance parts, and cops dont look at you as much. You could build a buick to outperform a 300 for little money. For the over 120 in a GN, it is scary as hell. I took mine to the 145 govenor and was freakin out. Very unstable, like the steering wheel sways and the car rises off of the ground. I took my moms Jag XKR to its 155 govenor and that thing was so nice at high speeds. I was comfortable goin that fast. In my WRX I was goin 140 and felt comfortable in that too. So I got a 160 govenor in the GN and before I test that I will finish putting a Hotchkis suspension on it. I also hate the Buicks stock brakes. For how fast the car takes off it needs to stop fast too.

Nick

My bro has a 91 300ZX T-Top and that is a blast to drive. But the Buick is hands down faster, cheaper performance parts, and cops dont look at you as much. You could build a buick to outperform a 300 for little money. For the over 120 in a GN, it is scary as hell. I took mine to the 145 govenor and was freakin out. Very unstable, like the steering wheel sways and the car rises off of the ground. I took my moms Jag XKR to its 155 govenor and that thing was so nice at high speeds. I was comfortable goin that fast. In my WRX I was goin 140 and felt comfortable in that too. So I got a 160 govenor in the GN and before I test that I will finish putting a Hotchkis suspension on it. I also hate the Buicks stock brakes. For how fast the car takes off it needs to stop fast too.

Nick

MY FOLLOWING WILL BE IN CAPS BECAUSE I ALREADY TYPED MY RESPONSES IN CAPS AND IM 2 LAZY 2 RETYPE EVERYTHING...LOL

1.onefastjackass
ILL AGREE WIHT YOU THERE WELL ATLEAST IN THE 1/4 MILE ANYWAYS

2.Romulus
i KID U NOT OUT OF LIKE 30 PEEPS 1 SAID THE REGAL LOOKED OK BUT HE'S INTO LOWRIDERS, THE OTHER SAID IT WAS NICE BUT HE IS 40 YEARS OLD!

3.tlturbO
NO ONE YAWNS WHEN THEY SEE THE RARE 90+300ZX...VERY EXOTIC AND VERY UNIQUE...

I DON'T TRY TO REPAIR OR REPLACE, I UPGRADE AND NO MATTER WHAT CAR U HAVE PERFORMANCE AIN'T CHEAP...

I DON'T RACE WITH 4 OTHER PEOPLE AND IM NO FREAKIN TAXI ANYWAY

IM NOT CHEAP ABOUT TIRES THERE THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS YOUR INVESTMENT ON THE ROAD AND NOT HANGNG OFF SOME BRIDGE LOL...PLUS I WOULD GET 17' RIMS ANYWAY ON EITHER CAR!

4.I eat Z06
FIRST WHAT 300ZX DOES YOUR BROTHER HAVE? IT AIN'T TURBO...CAUSE THEY HAVE VERY CLOSE 1/4 MILE TIME TO THE GN!
AND JUST BECAUSE I DON' THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT HOW DO YOU THINK A GN CAN OUT PPERFORM A 300ZXtt...ANY CAR CAN BEAT ANY CAR WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF $$ AND IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A CHEAPER ROUTE THEN I WOULD LOOK FOR A 5.O STANG, THE ONLY REASON I WANT THE GN IS BECAUSE ALOT OF THE PEOPLE RACE THE 1/4 MILE FOR CASH!!AND THE T-TYPE IS A SLEEPER..MY PERFERED RACE IS THE IS AT AROUND 150+MPH LOL

The gnx does a stock 13.5 in the 1/4 mile and the regular t-type,we4,gn,what ever does 14.0...

very good times (im not flaming im just callin em how i c em)
Notice how they are all 6 cylinder turbo just somethin 2 keep in mind for our friends with 8's

1.Gnx
276hp/370lbs torque-13.5
2.gn
245hp/355lbs torque-14.0
3.300zxtt-
310hp/285lbs torque-13.8-14.0
4.3kgtvr4AWD
320hp/340lbstq-13.5-13.8
5.MK4 supra
320hp/330tq-13.8
6.stealthAWD
320hp/340lbstq-13.5

less than a 6 cylinder
7.rx-7
255hp/230tq-13.4
8.s2k
240hp/190tq-13.7

He has the twin turbo. It is stock. My Buick is far from stock. I suggest drivin a 300ZX. Just to see what its like. The clutch pedal movement is so little. Its got oommph, but not buick oommph.

Nick

"He has the twin turbo. It is stock. My Buick is far from stock. I suggest drivin a 300ZX. Just to see what its like. The clutch pedal movement is so little. Its got oommph, but not buick oommph."

Nick

yeah ok...and a supra and a GN are both AWD and honda has a 5.0L civic out!!LOL..yeah right

HOW FAST DID YOU DRIVE THE 300ZX?Cause they both run about a 13.8? are you good a standard shift? what miles does the car have on it, what is the condition of the turbos,
they both do similar times in the 1/4 mile they both run on turbo 6's both are rwd, both weigh about the same...the gn is quicker but the 300zx is FASTER...CAN SAFELY DO OVER 160MPH...YOU ARE COMPARING APPLES AND ORANGES...THE Z IS A TOP END PERFORMER AND THE GN IS A 1/4 MILE BEAST

Once again Ive driven and work on many cars and I predict a good running GN get about 230hp/330tq at the Rear wheels the z gets more of its power to the rear wheels (293hp/270lbs) but still has less tq than the GN...they balance out!!

I eat Z06

how much did he pay for his TT300zx? how many seats does it have? what size turbos?what type of turbos? where is the intercooler mounted? what is the bore and the stroke? what size rims are on your brother's z?

OH YEALOL U SAID IN NE OF YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS U HAD STATED UR BRO'S Z HAD T-TOPS...ALL Z'S IN THIS COUNTRY DO HAVE T-TOPS SO DOES MINE AND EVERYONE ELSES

His car is all stock. Just under 80,000 miles. Got it for real cheap from step dad. My daily driver WRX is a stick so I can drive very well. I took it to 100 on a hilly/ twisty road. I agree that the car moves, but the buick feels faster. And 300ZX's came in convertables too. My Buick has alot of modifications on it, so the comparison isnt fair. I have the 165 govenor in my car, I am puttin on the Hotchkis suspension before I hold onto my balls and try that speed in the Buick. I like my moms Jag @ 155, it is so smooth.

Nick

The Don

Basically you are hi-jacking this post. Please take your particuliars about the 300 ZX offline. Also we don't care if you like the CAPS lock or not, please turn it off. :mad:

This post was about " Buicks from a roll". If you have something to say about this subject fine, but quoting factory "advertised" HP/TQ and how it compares to other cars isn't in the spirit if the original post. The 300 ZX is`a great car, but really how much do we need to digress here?? :eek:

Sounds like good "Lounge" discussion to me.

bsdlinux
"beside loss of great looks what other differance can I expect when I go from a 300zx to a GN or G-body...how is the reliabilty?"

I asked a performance question for advice...your not one of those closed minded guys that is scared to discuss a car besides his own are you? Its a buick forum so we can only think about buicks.....when you said "WE" don't like caps is that u or do you speak for everyone?

I eat Z06
LOL yeah I know they came in convertibles too...But no until 94...your bro has a 91(all 91 z's were T-tops)...(I had one)
"I took it to 100 on a hilly/ twisty road. I agree that the car moves, but the buick feels faster." you said you took the Z on a curvey hilly road? did you alos test the GN on a curvey twisty road...if you don't then you really can't compare!Right?

That twisty road I was talking about is my parents road. I didnt push the 300 too much, since it isnt mine. I have had the Buick goin faster on that road than the 300. I have hit over 120 on that road and jumped a hill. One more reason for the new suspension. It should be on by the end of this week!

Nick

less than a 6 cylinder
7.rx-7
255hp/230tq-13.4
8.s2k
240hp/190tq-13.7

Sorry to keep the threadjack going, but I had to respond to this...

There is no way the average time for a FD FX-7 is 13.4. Big fat bullsh*t.

And you show me a 13.7 stock S2k and I'll show you a car one more strip run away from blowing it's clutch. 13.7 is THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM UNDER BEST POSSIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES POSSIBLE TIME. That's like saying LS1 F-bodies run 12s because a few have run a 12.9x stock.

Oh yeah, and the 300ZX has a rear suspension that is designed to fight squat....traction in these things at lower speeds suck. They are more GT cars....look what Steve Millen has done with them.

I'd like one, but I won't get one until I'm rich enough to pay somebody else to work on it. They have THE most cramped engine bay I've ever seen.

I wasn't aware that we were only allowed to talk about one thing(tunnel vision)
you don't have the right to call "Big Fat bull$hit...I never mentioned what rx-7,the year, the type, anything ( yes the rx-7 r1 and 2 spirt both consectivly run low 13._ _ rated at 300hp with a stock bigger turbo and intercooler...plu there is a 3 rotor rx-7 out that is even quicker the ws6 runs high 12s stock it takes nothing to get a f-body to run low 12's...13.7 is "THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM UNDER BEST POSSIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES POSSIBLE TIME"...maybe so but it still can do it

actually the rear suspension of the z DOES squat under hard acceleration due to the load and design of the springs and the 300zx has excellent traction at high, mid or low speeds so pass the grass u been smoking cuase there is nothing sucky about the traction on these cars you can make a 300zx into anything you want froma big balla car to a 1/4 mile fighter to a tourer...of yeah don't let the cramped engine bay intiminate you a engine is a engine it has all the same fundimentals just locate everything

I wasn't aware that we were only allowed to talk about one thing(tunnel vision)
you don't have the right to call "Big Fat bull$hit...I never mentioned what rx-7,the year, the type, anything ( yes the rx-7 r1 and 2 spirt both consectivly run low 13._ _ rated at 300hp with a stock bigger turbo and intercooler...plu there is a 3 rotor rx-7 out that is even quicker the ws6 runs high 12s stock it takes nothing to get a f-body to run low 12's...13.7 is "THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM UNDER BEST POSSIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES POSSIBLE TIME"...maybe so but it still can do it

actually the rear suspension of the z DOES squat under hard acceleration due to the load and design of the springs and the 300zx has excellent traction at high, mid or low speeds so pass the grass u been smoking cuase there is nothing sucky about the traction on these cars you can make a 300zx into anything you want froma big balla car to a 1/4 mile fighter to a tourer...of yeah don't let the cramped engine bay intiminate you a engine is a engine it has all the same fundimentals just locate everything

Good Lord, the only thing I can get out of your mutilation of the English language is something about how I shouldn't be intimidated by the 300ZX engine bay. NO **** A ENGINE IS AN ENGINE?!!?! For ****s sake, my point was about it being HARD to work on, not confusing.

If you still don't understand then your just dumb and I can't do nothing for ya

Well homie I dont think I can make it any clearer...

1st statement-I was accusing you and a few other members of having tunnel vision and being afraid to discuss something other than the buick "231cid" powerplant, t-type ,gn ,gnx, we4 and so on!

2nd statement I was saying you don't have the right to call"Bull$hit" on me cause you don't even know what Rx7 I was speaking of!you don't know whether the rx7 I was refering to is Aspec or Jspec, I never mentioned what rx-7,the year, the type. So if you don't know what rx7 I was speaking of then you can respond! The rx-7 r1 and 2 spirit both consectivly run low 13._ _ rated at 280hp(restricted emissions) with a stock bigger turbo and intercooler...also there is a 3 rotor rx-7 that is even quicker!

3rd statement I was saying that 13.7 is possible in a s2k and you said it would be "THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM UNDER BEST POSSIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES POSSIBLE TIME" and I was was saying who If you still don't understand then your just dumb and I can't do nothing for yatests a cars performance in bad circumstances!LOL! and even if it was tested in a place that would allow it to achieve times better than average so what the s2k still acheived those times!

4th statement I was saying the 2002 ws6 runs mid-high 12s stock it takes nothing to get a f-body to run low 12's

5th statement I was saying you were a tool that had no idea of what you were talking about....because the rear suspension of the z DOES squat under hard acceleration due to the load and design of the springs...

6th statement I was saying the 300zx has excellent traction at high, mid or low speeds there is nothing sucky about the traction on these cars.!PERIOD! don't belive me? go drive and tune a z for 3 years or ask someone who knows the history and capablities of a Z and stop reading "Sport Compact Car" Like its the bible!

7th statement I was saying the 300z is not limited to a gt car...you can make a 300zx into anything you want from a big balla car to a 1/4 mile dominator, to a well handling tourer the high end japanese imports like the 300zx, 350z, sc300T, supra, skyline, s2k, rx7, stealth, 3000gtvr4 and Nsx are capable to dominating any type of performance bracket they aren't restricted to any one class of racing!!!

last statement I was saying that if you know what your doing ITS NOT HARD TO WORK ON A 300ZX, engine bay or other wise! don't be scared of a challenge or to learn something differant! Only Pu$$ies pay someone else to work on their cars! Is that what you are?

...this goes to you too bsdlinux

Next time you step to "The Don" have a better arsenal tool! LOL!