Who wants money!!!!!

All of my Buicks and projects are down....so I passed on the sweatfest.
I wont lie, it was pretty hot until the sun went down. Lot of cars showed up.

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_225632[1].jpg
    IMG_20190810_225632[1].jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20190810_233410[1].jpg
    IMG_20190810_233410[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20190810_233443[1].jpg
    IMG_20190810_233443[1].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20190810_230608[1].jpg
    IMG_20190810_230608[1].jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20190810_171857[1].jpg
    IMG_20190810_171857[1].jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 32
I’m going to work on a crank sensor today. I have a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge, if it’s showing pressure I’ve got to be getting it to the injectors correct?

Doesn't mean the injectors are squirting fuel into the manifold. Noid light will tell if the signal is getting to the injector. and a wet plug will tell us the fuel is getting into the cylinder. I know they are new, but that doesn't always mean they function.

After that the timing can be worked on.

Recently, I had a set of the old Bosch blue top 36#'s. Still in the FoMoCo box.
Locked up tighter than a "bull's ass in fly time"! <<<<<< Old hillbilly term.:D

if im not mistaken this car was running before you started changing stuff correct?

Yes,
It was running before I went in and started JACKING with it. With a lot of help from TexasT here (guys awesome by the way), I think I've narrowed it down to a fuel delivery issue. I have air, checked spark and checked ALL fuses. I was advised to pull off the up pipe and shot some carb cleaner into the TB while trying to crank it. I got it to fire up and actually simulate running. I got fancy because I wanted to keep it running and just kept spraying and spraying and my wife kept the TB blade open. That went over well because I was met by a loud BOOM and a foot and a half flame out the front of the TB. After I changed my underwear we diagnosed that I had my FP running evidenced by pressure on my gauge. I was thinking that since fuel was making it to the gauge it must be going to the injectors. Negative, I'm getting zero injector tick at all....so I'm not getting fuel. We decided to go with a crank sensor also...I swapped that out and cranked it and it did start over for about 1-2 seconds then died. We were thinking maybe the reluctor ring is hitting the new sensor. I will need to diagnose it again tonight. I actually used a feeler gauge to ensure no contact on the outer side, but am unsure hw to set the distance on the inside portion. I guess I will just adjust the front side to .20 like I have read and go from there. I feel that I am close--just not quite there yet obviously. I am still not getting a check engine light though at all.

Last edited:
Yes,
It was running before I went in and started JACKING with it. With a lot of help from TexasT here (guys awesome by the way), I think I've narrowed it down to a fuel delivery issue. I have air, checked spark and checked ALL fuses. I was advised to pull off the up pipe and shot some carb cleaner into the TB while trying to crank it. I got it to fire up and actually simulate running. I got fancy because I wanted to keep it running and just kept spraying and spraying and my wife kept the TB blade open. That went over well because I was met by a loud BOOM and a foot and a half flame out the front of the TB. After I changed my underwear we diagnosed that I had my FP running evidenced by pressure on my gauge. I was thinking that since fuel was making it to the gauge it must be going to the injectors. Negative, I'm getting zero injector tick at all....so I'm not getting fuel. We decided to go with a crank sensor also...I swapped that out and cranked it and it did start over for about 1-2 seconds then died. We were thinking maybe the reluctor ring is hitting the new sensor. I will need to diagnose it again tonight. I actually used a feeler gauge to ensure no contact on the outer side, but am unsure hw to set the distance on the inside portion. I guess I will just adjust the front side to .20 like I have read and go from there. I feel that I am close--just not quite there yet obviously. I am still not getting a check engine light though at all.
Are you still having issues? I could come help you if you need a hand.