who wants to paint the bottom of their TR??

G

GNSCOTT

OK, I'm going to be renting a steam Jenny to make an attempt to rid the bottom side of my car of ziebart. I have been told it takes like 3 hours to do a whole car (wheel wells, suspension parts included) I was wondering if anyone around here wants to get together and do 2 or more together (i hate working aLone)?

I am planning on doing it in my driveway on Jack stands, but if anyone out there can rent, borrow , or steal a lift, or even someone who has a steam jenny, would help alot. If we can't find a place, we can do it in my driveway as long as we pitch in with the cleanup. I'd like to do this on a warm sunny sunday, or saturday.

I'm ging to be POR-15'ing the whole bottom side of the car. I have a crappy compressor and a paint gun (enough to do the trick), and maybe top coating it with a gloss black. Anyone who is interested can reply here or e-mail me and maybe we can get a few of us together anddo thisBTW I live in Hamden, rigt outside New Haven

....thanks...Scott

Hey Scott I planned on doing the GN with POR15 too.

Still under wraps however. Could get it out real quick of course.

I have a six pack of the small POR-15 containers 8oz.? I think.

Also have some cleaner/prep. and top coat stuff too I think.

I'll go halves on the steam cleaner with ya.

A lift would be nice. :)

POR 15

Scott, POR 15 is already a VERY shiny blackfinish. A word of CAUTION!!!! DO NOT get this stuff on your skin, under you nails,in your hair. You WILL NOT get it off once it dries!! BTDT!!:D :D
I bought a throw away painter suit at the automotive paint store... Glad I did!

I don't think you will stem off the Zeibart. It may look gooey and be soft, but it won't come off clean enough to allow the POR to stick well. It will take a solvent to cut it.

GOOD LUCK:cool:

Alan, i'm in no hurry at all. I was planning maybe in the next 2 to 4 weeks. A 70* day would be nice. I'll watch the weather, and we'll make plans. If we could rent it on a saturday, they will sometimes let you keep it till Monday, so if we can get a few more peeps it would be even better.

Chuck. I hear ya on the POR 15. I still have a couple spots on me from doing the rear, and control arms:D I have the semi gloss, and found that i liked it a little glossier, so i top coated it with a high gloss spray paint.

Ok Scott sounds good to me. I'm going to try to do the Power Plate install tomorrow along with a J.J. throttle body.

That means the GN will most likely have to come out from under the cover to get parts or get me to work on Monday... :rolleyes:

I glued the Kenne-Bell plenum spacer on real good years ago....

60-70 degrees would be good for that job, so would a lift. ;)