You can type here any text you want

Whoops. Alcohol on my paint.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
So yesterday finally got to fire up the beast for the first time in a month. Had my wonderful helper fill up my methanol tank with Denatured while I tidied up the work area to prepare for her maiden voyage. My helper decided not to tell me she accidentally spilled some of the Denatured Alky on the fender. Today I noticed the horrible looking milky spots where it ran down the fender... damn this buick is cursed.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? looks like it ate into the clear coat a little. Will take it to a paint shop but was wondering what it will take and if anyone has had a similar problem?

Just get some 3M perfect it polish from parts store. Number 2 or 3 will do it. If you have a buffer great if not do it by hand with micro fiber clothe. May take care of it.

Hold that thought. Do you have original paint or base/clear? If original ignore what I said. No experience with original paint on these cars.

So yesterday finally got to fire up the beast for the first time in a month. Had my wonderful helper fill up my methanol tank with Denatured while I tidied up the work area to prepare for her maiden voyage. My helper decided not to tell me she accidentally spilled some of the Denatured Alky on the fender. Today I noticed the horrible looking milky spots where it ran down the fender... damn this buick is cursed.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? looks like it ate into the clear coat a little. Will take it to a paint shop but was wondering what it will take and if anyone has had a similar problem?

It figures that Barracuda would pine in to this thread, he has the most cursed TR on the planet. LOL

I have done that a few times. I have original paint. Has always come off with Adams detail spray and a detail rag for me

My question is why she was mixing the drink? You're supposed to be the one trying to get her drunk, not the other way round.:ROFLMAO:

i used some Griots compound and lightly polished the area. Definitely helped a lot but you can still see streaks in the sunlight. I'm sure with some more elbow grease I can get it completely out but I'm going to have a professional look over the car in a few weeks to advise on how to preserve the paint since it is original but crazing in a few places. I like the idea of having original paint and i'm too cheap to get it resprayed :)

Back