Who's got the best torque Convertor?

If it is street/strip driven with alot of power and are like me like l/u the 9x11 is my choice....

If street/strip driven and are in the 11's even high 10 a Pats would work AWESOME and a great price...

If you are mainly strip driven and looking to max power the PTC is awesome too!

I stick with L/U to add that little extra at the end:biggrin:

Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 421
I am, but I am not going to comment on it until I race with it. I want to give a fair and honest opinion. I'll let ya know in BG sverble whether I like it or not. Shoot, I'll take you for a ride in it.

Jason

Cool, I'm going to try to be there a few days!

Aw, come on verble, you know ain't nothin gonna be able to handle the sh!t you been throwin at that car!:tongue: For real, tho these guys are givin you good advice. That's what I love about this place- knowledgeable peoples. Of course I am drunk...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll vote for the Vigilante. This is the 4th 10 second turbo Buick I have had and they have all had vigilante converters. My last car would mph 130+ with a te-45a and a 3400 Vigilante. The car I currently have has been a best of 127 so far but it still has 5 more psi to go so I think it will defintaley be in the 130's once I get it all tuned in. If you go with a Vigilante definatley get the multi disc. They are expensive but they are proven and they work. When I lock my converter it honestly feels like an extra gear!

Hello there, I'm new to these forums & all so, I'd just like to take a second to introduce my self. I'm Chuck, I currently work at a Dodge dealership as a technician. Sort of new to the business - about 5 1/2 years total experience but I'm a quick learner. I own a '67 Impala Convertible, and an '81 T/A with soon to be fuel injected twin turbo 455 Pontiac. Anyhow, I'd strongly suggest a J&W Converter from Rockledge, FL. They do all of their own in-house designs & testing & great technical response.

MY PTS Extreme 3k stall 9/11 works very well for my GT61 non-BB turbo, spools as quick as the stocker did, and I don't hardly notice the stall when not locked for normal street duty either. I can't say that for other convertors I've used in other cars.

MY PTS Extreme 3k stall 9/11 works very well for my GT61 non-BB turbo, spools as quick as the stocker did, and I don't hardly notice the stall when not locked for normal street duty either. I can't say that for other convertors I've used in other cars.
You running that locked?

You running that locked?
At the track yes. I usually lock just a few moments after it shifts to 3rd in the 1/4. Its a billet convertor, Bruce says you can run them all day long lock and not hurt them, mines been in there 3 or 4 years now.
When it locks its like another gear at the track :D

Going to be doing my trans and while I'm at it get a stall converter to better match my turbo. I don't go to the track that often. My concerns are that the stall isn't too noticable in around town driving and it will last if locked at the track. Been looking at Pat's. Is the extra cost of the PTS worth it at my level? Any others worth looking at?

Going to be doing my trans and while I'm at it get a stall converter to better match my turbo. I don't go to the track that often. My concerns are that the stall isn't too noticable in around town driving and it will last if locked at the track. Been looking at Pat's. Is the extra cost of the PTS worth it at my level? Any others worth looking at?
I've had a restalled D5, I think it was 2400, and the PTS I have now, and am very pleased with it for daily driving..although the car isn't daily driven, its street manners are great...So I can't comment about the others as I have no first hand experience with them in a TR. In my LT1 TA, I've had several different convertors from 1800-3k stall, and some of them were horrible for normal driving. Had a Kurtz convertor,a 3k and a 2700 stall that literally required that many rpms to even move the car....cruising at 30mph took 3k rpms...was rediculous. Whats the trick is to get the convertor to work efficently at light throttle, but when you nail it that it spins up the rpms quick..seems to be an art in how they can do that, but the PTS does it very well.

I have a 3200 west coast and it is very nice i like it my car is street driven have a few thousand miles on it and its working great so far.

I have a 3200 west coast and it is very nice i like it my car is street driven have a few thousand miles on it and its working great so far.

how is it street driven? do you feel the stall? I'm looking at 2800-3000 l/u WCC