who's running a GT6162?

jcawley3

anybody running this turbo GT6162 BB ........if so what's your combo? and times?....I'm not happy with the way the car is running....trying to figure out what I need to add to get this turbo to put the power down...

What boost level, timing, tires, and what were your times? Any info would be great. I have a 6152, and 3 other guys here in KC do as well. Times ranging from 10.81-11.22 on various boost levels. I havn't had mine back to the track yet since I changed stalls, but I think 11.50's on dr's at 26 psi is not out of the question.

Without knowing more I would say your intercooler is an area for improvement along with your converter. Seeing any knock? If not try leaning it out a little either with mre boost or less fuel. Just take baby steps

What boost level, timing, tires, and what were your times? Any info would be great. I have a 6152, and 3 other guys here in KC do as well. Times ranging from 10.81-11.22 on various boost levels. I havn't had mine back to the track yet since I changed stalls, but I think 11.50's on dr's at 26 psi is not out of the question.

22psi
21/23
bfg 235/60 street tires

13.1 @ 108
the car will not break the tires if I just stomp it from idle......
I can build 1 psi o n the foot brake then floor it it will chirp the tires a little but not bad

60' was around 2.0 If I remember right

Without knowing more I would say your intercooler is an area for improvement along with your converter. Seeing any knock? If not try leaning it out a little either with mre boost or less fuel. Just take baby steps

got knock @ 23 psi at 43psi fuel pressure line off

I think its the converter...

How much knock and was it increasing? Or at the shift and went away if so could be false. As for the 60ft time it probably won't get much better with that tire unless the track prep is exceptional. Need to come out a little harder or with more boost and if tuned correctly I don't think that tire will take it. Get the short time where it should like 1.6 range which should put you around 12.5 at your current tune. Plus with the stock converter your not achieving what that turbo is capable of. With a nice stretch stock location or a FM you would pick up considerably over the stock unit. First I would go tire shopping and find out what is up with the knock.