Who's that with Mario?

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
This past Friday and over the weekend, Indy cars were testing at Phoenix International Raceway, and John Norton, a GNX owner and friend was gracious to get passes for a friend and I.

It was awesome, as we had complete access to pit row, the garage area and all other areas. At the pit wall the cars were doing about 200 MPH on the straightaway.

At lunch time we were sitting on a patio and after a couple minutes I was looking at a familiar face at the next table?

When my eyes and brain focused I was looking directly at Mario Andretti, and just to be in the same area as this racing icon as a driver, team owner and great person, I was completely thrilled!

He was gracious enough to chat with us for a few minutes, and also get a picture with him. :)

MARIO.jpg

Lucky Duck!! That was pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Do you think Mario has trouble getting into any race event? Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Glad that you made it out to the track on such short notice and were able to meet the legend.

Mario celebrated his 76th birthday on Sunday, still going fast with class. He is a great ambassador for the INDYCAR series.

See you in NC soon.

Did he say a damn thing about that iconic Turbo 6 on your shirt? I do see the fear in his eyes..Just like he seen Chuck Norris

Seems like Richard Clark is napping, I am counting my fingers for some unknown reason, and John Norton is messing with some electronic gadget while Spoolfool Mike is diddling with something on the table? :cool: