Who's the top 5 200r4 builders in the East?

laser

Top five builders. Needs to handle 650 rwhp 720rwtq. Manual reverse valve body. NO transbrake. Around $2600 TIA

at that power level there is only one logical choice unless you are married to an installer or rebuilder.www.ckperformance.com/home page see gmaodhybrid overdrive transmission if you want overdrive and a manual valve body.top five builders?id be setting myself up for criticism if i answer that one,id rather walk around with holes in my shoes and my ass showing than have a bad name .

imho its a pretty stupid question. you should know by now that the best tranny builder in the whole country is chris at ck performance. please dont post another thread like that

Originally posted by ulose2av6
imho its a pretty stupid question. you should know by now that the best tranny builder in the whole country is chris at ck performance. please dont post another thread like that

Thanks for the positive feedback. The search function did not reveal that ck was the best tranny builder in the country bar none. I checked the web sites of the supporting vendors and they failed to mention it also.....which is why I posted for real world info.

Another stupid question for you.... did you base your answer on actual experience with a ck 200r4 trans with +700rwtq?

certainly you must be kidding with an even more dumber reply. listen either you been hit in the head one to many times or you are a newbie to transmissions. some of the best BUILDERS in the world hardly use any advertisment their work speaks for itself. BTW some of the most expensive items in the world (a-z )are names you never heard of. just to give you an example of what i am getting at. and yes i do have a tranny done by ck performance making that amount of hp you state.

""Imho its a pretty stupid question. you should know by now that the best tranny builder in the whole country is chris at ck performance. please dont post another thread like that""

Now THAT was funny.
:D

Even though I build my own trannies and have been building trannies for the last 15 years, I would still have to side with the heavy hitters like CK Perf., PTS, Dynotech, Century, and so on. They have the resources to research, design, build these kinds of trannies that little guys like me would never have the parts to make work under the harsh abuse we put them thru. The bigger guys don't have to toot their own horn because the products and word of mouth do it for them. :)

ulosetoav6......let's review your depth of tech with a search of your posts:

1. Which muffler should I use.

2. Go with ck....you'll sleep better.

3. Go with ck

4. Go with ck

5. go with ck

6. Am I detonating real badly and don't realize it?

7. Can I get this thing to spool quickly without overboost?

8. Go with ck

Your guardian must have told you over and over that you were special when you took the short bus to school...and to go with ck:)

No wonder this forum gets five post a day...I was hoping someone with a Dynotech 900 trans, Lonnie Dyer trans, etc would have some real world data of hp vs runs per year vs et, etc.

I guess I'll "go with ck" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lonnie diers and eric shurtz use ckperformance products in there customers transmissions:D we do build a grest unit and if you are local come by and we will give you a road test in a high powered vehicle.the gmaod is much stronger than the 2004r .the red turbocharged mustang on my homepage has gone 7.90s with it for 2 years without a breakdown.

How much is it for the GMAOD?? Does it bolt right in or do you supply all the hardware to install?

3500 complete ,you just cut your driveshaft and weld in our adapter to your stock x member in original location.must adapt it to the floor shifter.any crafter car guy can do it.

I agree Lee. I would put Eric Schertz at Dynotech, Lonnie Diers, Vince Janis, and Chris up at the top on the East Coast. Eric, Vince, and Lonnie all use PTS billet components in their units. Check out the last two issues of GM HiTech Magazine. It has a great article on Dynotech and his use of our components in all of his hi po transmissions.

Originally posted by chris718
3500 complete ,you just cut your driveshaft and weld in our adapter to your stock x member in original location.must adapt it to the floor shifter.any crafter car guy can do it.

Does the $3500 include a transbrake??

Weight compared to a 200-4R?

Parasitic loss compared to a 200-4R?

Gear ratios?

I'm interested :)

includes brake and convertor with 2 optional gear ratios,give us a call ill give you additional info.

I just thought I'd share a question I was asked by a potential customer who called our shop several weeks ago with you all.

The customer was interested in having a TH2004R built and he asked me what makes our transmission so good and why should he purchase one from us?

I explained that I was a customer of Eric Schertz's before being a employee and was treated exceptionally well, with excellent service and despite some parts issues, everything was handled professionally and I came away with a perfect operating transmission.

(some time ago I wrote a 2 page "story" about my transmission saga and posted it on the board, just do a search in this forum under my user name "darkfa8")

I also went on to say that we have been featured in GM High Tech Performance magazine for the last several consecuitive issues and will be in several more upcoming issues. The shop itself has been around for over a decade. We provide a high level of customer service, honesty, value and that I personally believe we are one of the best GM overdrive transmission shops on the East coast.

The most importat aspect of building a transmission lies in the skill and ability of the builder. The parts are secondary since a good builder can discern from a good part and a inferior part. We use the best parts available and are also involved in having manufacturers improve or create new parts to address existing weaknesses.

To note, Eric's full weight, full interior, caged stage 2 Buick T-Type has run a best of 9.52 at 142mph with a 1.35 60' on his Hi-Pro TH2004R transmission with PTS Bat-Brake, all billet parts available and Scott McClay 1st gear. The car weighs over 3500lbs and the transmission has not experienced any hard parts failures and we only freshen it at the end of every season with new friction materials and inspect everything for wear.

Eric's car makes 1040hp at the crank.

If anyone has any specific questions about our goods and services, please feel free to call us at 908.704.8536 during the week M-F 9am-5pm or read through our website linked in the signature.

take care,
Dan Goldstein - Shop Manager

we are now producing on the average of 4 2004rs a week.with this comes new valuable lessons learned on a regular basis for us to constantly improve our products.each one is installed in a vehicle prior to shipping for a complete evaluation.this helps to eliminate the majority of things that can go wrong during break in or human error.we have developed our own input shaft,forward drum,transbrake ,o/drive planet,different ratio gear sets ,hydraulic calibrations,and convertor selection procedures.many things had to be broken several times before we could settle on proper heat treating,welding,or machining processess.the desire to see it through has placed us at the forefront of 2004r technology and has proven to be a wise choice for us.the huge demand for our products and technical support by those who work with us is what keeps us going.thanks for your support.mostly every transmission shop on this forum has contacted us for technical information and to purchase our products.we are very grateful you have found our products usefull.

Dynotech Performance is probably the only shop in the world I would trust my truck with, not to mention the quality and performance of the transmissions in both of my Typhoons is second to none, but besides all that, the honesty and respect I get as a customer is what brings me back. Might wanna think about that as well.