You can type here any text you want

whos turbo ls1 stompin TR is this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I love doing that to people and they say it only a V6.But this is not my car

i just read the posts on ls1tech... sounds like there is alot of respect for GN's over there

That ls1 for 5-8 psi was a slug. :eek:

I had a 01 camero, with full exhaust, long tubes, CAI, maf translator, TNT 100 shot,and lots of suspension with some sticky tires, and that car was deadly on the street. IF anyone ever gave me three and the move(never happened), you would need atleast a mid 10 second ride with some mph and be able to hook to catch me.

Nice to see them speak in such a good way about TR's! Pretty cool group of guys over there. :cool:

machinegun said:
That was probably only a mid 12 car at best....

That's sad, especially when you consider that my daily driven LS1 is a solid low-to-mid 12 second runner, naturally aspirated... ;)

jasjamz said:
Nice to see them speak in such a good way about TR's! Pretty cool group of guys over there.

We try our best... :D

wow, that ls1 got DRUG.

can't wait till i get the T running again... theres a few f-bods in my town that need to get regulated on too! :biggrin:

1985GN is the owner/driver. He posts over on T6P. Thats the boys from central New Jersey, have some nice fast cars there.

QTRMILER said:
1985GN is the owner/driver. He posts over on T6P. Thats the boys from central New Jersey, have some nice fast cars there.
Them boyz is hard to beat on the street!

yeah, i'd think for the money one of those STS kits cost, you'd be better off buying heads and a cam. either way you're deep in the 12s. or you could buy a TR, get a few bolt-ons, and turn up the boost!

Quint said:
nice kill who ever it was and whats up pacemaker :D
Quint ill be calling you soon as i get the maf t pro tunned in, we are going to the track VERY soon

PaCemkr86 said:
Quint ill be calling you soon as i get the maf t pro tunned in, we are going to the track VERY soon
Cool, ill be heading out November 10th friday to make a couple passes :cool: Hope to hook up with. Still getting use to the car and not turned up yet, still ahve alot left, but im not ready for it and im still on radials :confused:

henschman said:
yeah, i'd think for the money one of those STS kits cost, you'd be better off buying heads and a cam. either way you're deep in the 12s. or you could buy a TR, get a few bolt-ons, and turn up the boost!

You can do it without even having to buy heads. I love my T/A but I don't quite get the same feeling that I get when driving my GN. Here is how the LS1's can get it done -

10 Second Recipe

Keep in mind that this is only one mans recipe for a truly daily street driven 10-sec. LS1 “F-body”. This was done with a completely stock suspension and a soft 1.64 60-ft. It has cut consistent mid 1.6x 60-ft times but has went a low as 1.53-60 ft. when leaving on the button vs. leaving with the n2o activated by the TPS/RPM (3000). All of the 10.90 passes were made using only the first stage and shifting at 5700-rpm.

Lunati camshaft 221@.050 .560/.560 - $200.00 (Used)
Cold Air lid and K&N Filter - $180.00
PaceSetter longtube headers w/2.5-in true dual exhaust (Borla Mufflers.) $1000.00
TCI SSF convetor tightened up to 32-3500 - $550.00
3.42 gears – Freebee!!!
26x10.5 slicks on a 10-in Weld wheel. – $700.00
Front sway bar removed – Nadda!!!
HP Tuners - $600.00
NOS Big Shot (N2O)/ Cheater (Fuel) jetted at 150-hp on the first stage and 200-hp second stage. – Already had laying around!!!
Big Shot line - $65.00
Nitro Dave’s plate - $140.00
FJO digital controller - $206.00
LS6 Intake - $300.00
Racetronix fuel pump - $250.00

Total to run 10’s - $4191.00 give or take a few dollars.

Jim C.

Back